Prologue: Au Revoir

PRETTY SOLDIER SAILOR MOON: FUTURE

Prologue: Au Revoir

The Milky Way Galaxy, home to the known solar system, was only one of thousands - perhaps millions - of star systems residing within the infinitely vast universe. The Milky Way was unique in that its center, Sagittarius Alpha Star, housed the epicenter of the universe - Sagittarius Zero Star, the location of the Galaxy Cauldron. This was where all life began and ended, for the Cauldron was responsible for creating Star Seeds that would be sent out to the millions of planets in the universe, as well as accepting them when they died. Special Star Seeds would evolve into Sailor Crystals, from which one would be sent to each planet to be reincarnated as the world's protector; a Sailor Soldier.

Unspeakable numbers of these Star Seeds and Sailor Crystals formed every known galaxy's planets and civilizations. One of these star systems resided thousands of light-years away from the Milky Way, yet could be considered a 'neighboring' galaxy. This was Alkima Galaxy, the birthplace of hundreds of planets residing in a star system that, if seen from far away, resembled a round bottom flask with swirling fluid within. Unlike the Milky Way and its select few planets and Sailor Soldiers, Alkima was extremely active with planetary warriors. For every world, either flourishing or decrepit, there was a civilization that a Sailor Soldier needed to protect.

If any evil invaders made attempts to conquer Alkima, they would face some of the heaviest resistance in the universe. Once an enemy was discovered, practically every Sailor Soldier would march forward to defeat it. This meant that a villain would have to be capable of fighting back hundreds of Sailor Soldiers at once. Not many could boast that kind of power, thus Alkima didn't have to worry too much about defending their home from evil.

The last known invader was Sailor Galaxia and her Shadow Galactica, who had destroyed a few planets in Alkima and recruited false Sailor Soldiers into her ranks. These Soldiers were once normal people who had actually killed the real Sailor Soldier and reaped their Sailor Crystals, giving them to Sailor Galaxia in exchange for the promise of receiving a real Sailor Crystal in the future; they made do with golden bracelets that granted them power comparable to a Sailor Soldier. Such stricken planets included Chuu, Mermaid, Coronis, Mau and Cocoon. Due to the threat of Alkima's Soldiers retaliating all at once, Galaxia had to make her invasion short before moving on to the Milky Way. She figured that once she had control of the Galaxy Cauldron, she could return and reap thousands of Sailor Crystals with her newfound power.

However, that never happened. Shadow Galactica was destroyed by the Milky Way's Sailor Soldiers. In Alkima, the fallen planets were mourned before those Star Seeds returned to the Galaxy Cauldron with the hope that they would be reborn in the far future. Afterwards, Alkima resumed its normal way of life.

Unfortunately, this galaxy's idea of a normal life was vastly different from the Milky Way's. Due to the huge influx of Sailor Soldiers and lack of villains for them to battle, this led to constant infighting. They always wanted to determine who Alkima's strongest Sailor Soldier was; whoever held this coveted title would win the right to call themselves the leader of the largest force of Sailor Soldiers ever seen. This was why wars were constant between Soldiers, especially those who had large civilizations and bountiful worlds to protect. They hoped to dominate such prosperous worlds, amalgamate them under their rule, and create large forces from which they could overthrow their rivals.

This was the way of life in Alkima. The Sailor Soldiers had forgotten their purpose and fought each other for the sake of dominance. No one knew what peace was anymore. They only understood battle, rivalry, corruption and antagonism. Worse was that no villain was responsible for this. Only the Sailor Soldiers had themselves to blame, if they even took the time to reflect on their folly.