Chapter 17: Teamwork Symphony

PRETTY SOLDIER SAILOR MOON: FUTURE

Chapter 17: Teamwork Symphony

After Chibi-Usa had received the distress call from PallaPalla, she hurried on her short legs as fast as she could towards the Mizuno Clinic. She knew where it was just by memory, but she was afraid that everyone there would be in serious trouble without her. The Sailor Soldiers still hadn't discovered an alternate way to destroy the Apples of Discord, so everything rested on Chibi-Usa being there at the right place and the right time. Unfortunately, it didn't work out this time.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Chibi-Usa thought it was strange. If Eris was leading an evil army against the Royal Family, why would it attack somewhere that she wasn't at? She was sure that Eris would be targeting her or her mother for the Silver Crystal, so this attack made no sense at all in that context. Was there something else going on that they didn't know about yet?

What are the Erisians trying to look for? She wondered as she kept running. Do they really want the Silver Crystal, or are they just looking to harvest as much discord from Earth's citizens as they can? Or could it be both at the same time?

She couldn't answer any of her questions, and it frustrated her. She had to keep focused and think about rescuing PallaPalla and the others.

**

Sailor Arsenic Hyena began the team's new strategy by somersaulting in the air and landing squarely in front of the creature. It opened its mouth to show off its heinous teeth, but she wasn't deterred. It tried to chew down on her body, but she jumped and grabbed its head to vault herself upon it, then jammed an arrow into the skin and injected it with her trademark poisons before jumping off. The poison coursed its way through the blood vessels, causing the inhuman monster to become disoriented. It struggled to find the girl who just caused this pain when it spotted a childish blue-garbed girl in the distance.

"HEEEY! Over here, over here!" Sailor Pallas taunted, slapping her buttocks at the confused monster. It howled and scooted toward her at a fast pace, intent on ramming her down. She cartwheeled out of the way. Zoisite stood way behind where she was and sent a large ball of energy directly into its mouth, exploding inside the trachea and spurting smoke out. It reeled for a few moments, but it absorbed the panicked energy emitted by the fighters and used it to heal the damage.

"Mercury Aqua Rhapsody!" Sailor Mercury shouted in the distance, summoning her Mercury Harp to string a soothing melody with her graceful fingers. Blue sparkles turned into ice crystals, and further into a jet of cold water that streamed straight for the opened book. The Erisian was shocked that she would attempt to attack its source for warp holes, although she wasn't really 'attacking' it so much as freezing it solid with her magic. The book was encased in solid ice that wouldn't melt for a while, so the monster couldn't rip more pages out to create new portals.

While the beast was busy trying to sort this problem out, Sailor Arsenic Hyena directed her bow at one of the gaps and whispered, "Quiescent Hail."

Her fired arrow soundlessly split itself into hundreds of copies that traversed the portal and emerged through another one, shooting straight for another hole, then another, then another. The Erisian tried to jump through a free gap just to keep itself mobile, but Zoisite was ready with a barrage of icicles and hurled those into the same hole, creating the same jumping effect that Hyena's arrows did. Sailor Pallas faced another free portal and used Pallas Orb: Barrage again to send hundreds of balls into it as well.

Now there were three different streams of deadly attacks leaping through the holes in space and occupying them, preventing the Erisian from using any of them for jumping. The livid monster howled with a piercing shriek and regurgitated a wad of acid at the four warriors. They dashed out of the way in time, giving it the chance to fire acid at the three weapon barrages. They melted harmlessly, but that would prove to be a big mistake.