Chapter 9

Jennie has never been more inspired to work. Perhaps the "confession" she did make her breathe easily and she looked forward to what was bound to happen. And thank god her elbow got better. Her colleagues even noticed her radiance and Jisoo started to tease her.

"So, you finally confessed huh." Jisoo teased.

"No, I didn't." Jennie chuckled.

"Then explain to me why your aura is glowing." Jisoo smirked.

"Why do I have to explain things that are unexplainable?"

"Because Lisa might be the cause of it?"

"Just because you think I like her doesn't mean she's the reason behind everything you all notice about me. You all are ridiculous." Jennie dismissively said as she chuckled.

"Well, do you like her?" Jisoo asked.

"I...I don't know." Jennie shrugged. But honestly? She did like Lisa, she was just afraid to admit it because why in the hell would she like a person in an asylum? That's a bit...insane and strange.

"Oh, we actually have a new patient and Mr. Choi told me to tell you that you're the one who should handle him." Jisoo informed.

"New patient?" Jennie asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, he entrusted the new patient to you because after he saw the improvements you did with Lisa, maybe you could help this patient as well." Jisoo handed Jennie a folder that consisted of information about Jennie's newly assigned patient.

"And he thinks you guys can't handle that patient?" Jennie joked as she accepted the folder from Jisoo.

"Well, just a little heads-up, he's kind of like Lisa so I guess you finally have an idea why Mr. Choi entrusted you that patient." Jisoo said and Jennie opened the folder.

It said that the new patient was from another asylum that recently closed due to insufficient funds. It was only two months since the patient was admitted to the asylum and Jennie felt a lump in her throat building up. She read that the patient killed his partner due to having obsessive love disorder.

Great. Another murderer.

"You guys would actually be the cause of my death because you all are giving me murderers." Jennie lightheartedly said but deep down she was scared.

"Don't worry, we're here to back you up." Jisoo winked. "Now go ahead and meet that patient." She gave Jennie the key to the patient's cell.

Jennie sighed in defeat as she accepted the key from Jisoo. She started walking to the said room which was three doors away from Lisa's. She hadn't seen Lisa yet but she decided she would meet her later after she meet her newly assigned patient.

She took a deep breath to loosen up. This would be different. At least the information about the patient was not as vague as Lisa's. She thought maybe this would be a little easy to handle.

She inserted the key in the keyhole and unlocked it. She peeked her head and she felt a déjà vu occurred to her. She saw him sitting on the edge of the bed, his sleeves tied around behind him and his eyes glued on the floor. She knocked on the door to make her presence known and the young man glanced at her, she smiled at him and entered the room, closing the door, and sat across him.

"Hi, my name is Jennie. I'm your new nurse." She introduced. "And you're Jungkook, right?" The young man just sadly nodded. "So...I've heard what you did that's why you ended up here."

"I swear, I didn't mean it." Jungkook's voice broke, guilt was evident in his voice.

"I understand. I want you to know that you're safe here. You are safe with me." Jennie smiled reassuringly and opened her small notebook to start their therapy. "Is it okay if I ask you some questions?" Jungkook just nodded slowly. "This is just simple, let's start with the basics. Tell me about yourself."