Chapter 17

"What do you mean?" Jennie asked as she was slowly shaking her head, not accepting and believing what Lisa had just said.

"I might have said that I like you before and we already kissed, but..." Lisa sighed as she hung her head down. "I don't think I had moved on yet." She mumbled. "I don't want you to get the wrong idea that I like you because you remind me of Chaeyoung. I miss her. I'd be lying if I told you thinking of her doesn't hurt me, it does. It still does. And even though it hurts, I got used to living with it." Lisa began sobbing. "I'm so sorry, Jennie. I'm a big mess. You don't deserve someone like me. We should end whatever we had started. I'm sorry for wasting your time." Lisa sniffed. "I don't think I'm ready to love you as you are, I don't want to hurt you."

Jennie felt like the air was being sucked out of her lungs and her heart was aching badly that she didn't know if it was still pumping or not. She felt lifeless, she didn't realize she was already crying.

"Please, don't cry." Lisa said as she sobbed.

"How could you make me believe that everything was real?" Jennie said with an unreadable expression as tears continued to fall from her eyes.

"It wasn't my intention. I'm sorry." Lisa tried to hold Jennie's hand but Jennie withdrew her hand quickly.

"You don't want to hurt me? Guess what, you already did."

"I'm really sorry." Lisa begged as she shook her head and Jennie took a deep breath, looking up to prevent her tears from falling. "I need to fix myself first before loving you, for real."

"You don't have to. You already said it, we should end whatever we had started." Jennie wiped her tears and she stood up. "And I guess it would be better if we won't see each other. I need a break." Jennie said in a cold tone and she turned her head to Lisa before finally walking out. "You're worse than Jungkook." Jennie said and she closed the door, leaving Lisa crying miserably.

Once Jennie locked the door, she leaned against it as she took a deep breath to compose herself. No one should see her crying or know she cried, especially Jisoo. Jennie covered her face with her hands as she shook her head. She definitely needed a break. Persuading Lisa got her drained and tired. She might have said that she see hope in Lisa before but now it was beginning to be different. She was losing hope in both of them. A relationship wouldn't work or last long if the other is letting go. That was pretty much what Lisa just did. And Jennie thought, maybe it wasn't their time to be together or maybe they weren't really meant to be together.

***

Dinner had already come and Jennie was in line with Jisoo behind her at the cafeteria to get their patients' food. Jisoo noticed something different about Jennie, she wasn't used to Jennie being really silent and it was obvious that something was off. Jennie was physically present but her mind was wandering elsewhere, she was basically acting like a zombie.

"Hey, Jennie." Jisoo lightly nudged Jennie and the latter looked at her with a blank expression. "Are you okay? You look like a zombie."

"Thank you." Jennie said and moved forward. Jisoo knitted her brows. What kind of response was that?

"Thank you? You're not going to say something that probably bothers you because I can clearly see something is wrong with you. Or maybe you've gone crazy as well." Jisoo tried to joke in an attempt to make Jennie laugh but the latter didn't even move a muscle. "You are beginning to creep me out." Jisoo remarked as she sighed. "Crazy girlfriends." She mumbled under her breath.

"I'm fine. Don't worry. Just tired, I think." Jennie said and after she got Lisa's food, she went back to Lisa's seat without even saying goodbye to Jisoo. The latter just raised an eyebrow and shrugged it off. Maybe she was just really tired.