Chapter 16

Authors Note: Sorry about the long wait. I've been busy on some of my other books. Please check out a Thug's Kidnapped Wife and From Slave to Royalty

Amira's P.O.V.

>>>Fast Foward Christmas Day

We have been busy all day.

Since Da'vonte refused to help me decorate the house when I asked him a month ago. So he's doing it right now with Kevin. Dominique is in the kitchen helping me cook.

Mama and Mary Jane (Aka Mrs.Morton) will be coming later. Mama said she would make the collard greans and corn bread, and that Mrs. Morton is making mac' and cheese and peach collaber.

"Amira you think their going to like our gifts?" Dominique asked me

"I don't know it was a last resort. I spent two weeks looking threw Da'vonte's closet. He has Jordan's that aren't suppose to come out until next year!" I told Dominique frustrated

She is in the same situation as me only with Kevin. Mama laughed at me when I told her my problem.

"Amira go and get dressed. You have to get Avant in two hours." Domuniqe reminded me

I've been so busy, I almost forgot that my best friend was getting relesed today.

I thanked Domuniqe and left the kitchen. I got Da'vonte and told  him we had to get ready. We took a shower togther and got dressed.

I put on my kakhi skinny jeans, a plain long sleeved white button up shirt over my red polo v-neck sweater that had a green horse. For shoes I had on my red Christan Loubiutin spiked loafers. I threw on my gold rolex watch.

Da'vonte had on the same thing only he add a green bow tie.

I grabbed my red MK hand bag then we left the house.

>>>At Courthouse

We were waiting for Avant to be released. I'm so nervous I could barely hold it in.

Avant and his lawyer walked out of the courthouse doors. He shock his lawyers hands and walked over to us.

I jumped onto him. I wrabbed my arms around his neck.

"I missed you Avant." I told him

"I missed you too....I know your grown ass ain't crying."

I sniffled "Naw your hot ass breath is burning my eyes."

Avant laughed and hugged me tighter. I pulled away from him.

"Avant this is Da'vonte, my boyfriend. "

Avant starred Da'vonte up and down

"Your boyfriend is Ruthless? I didn't know you were into kingpins. Explains the matching outfits." Avant said to us "As for you don't fuck Amira over. She's to naivé and innocent to deal with heart break. I ain't tryin' to go back to jail either. "

"Alright, I'm takin' good care of her." Da'vonte said

"Alright first order of business. Amira and boyfriend take me some where to eat. My ass has been starving for the past six years. " Avant said

We laughed at him

"Foreal though, prison food worse then hospital food. With all the married dick deprived black woman cooking it you think they could add some salt and paper. But naw they cook like fucking white people. Mash potatoes be hard as hell, you think you eating a rock."

I shock my head at Avant. We walked out of the courthouse and to Da'vonte's car. I got into the backseat with Avant so we could talk more.

"Did you drop the soap?" I asked Avant