Part 13- Cold Shoulder!

Rose's POV

I was currently at work. It was nice to get away from home. Ever since my mum left for Thailand, Mason has been even worse to me. I'm always waiting on him hand and foot, I have to be back home ten minutes after my shift ends to do my daily of the house, and i'm only allowed to eat my meals once the list of jobs he gave me is done. He sets me three different lists everyday; one list to be done before breakfast, one to to be done before lunch and one to be done before dinner. All he does is sit in his room and watch TV, go to university to hand in his work (that I do!), or go out with his friends. Mason never cleans or cooks meals! It's all me! And i'm so tired of it! But I can't do anything about it. I'm just so incredibly helpless!

As I was working, I heard the bell at the top of the door ring and I saw Joe walk into the cafe.

This can't be happening!

I can't talk to him!

Mason would hurt me!

This can't happen! 

Joe smiled and gave a little wave but I just looked straight ahead to see to a customer, making it look like I hadn't seen him.

I didn't want to give Joe the cold shoulder but I had no choice. If I wanted to give myself the best chance of not being beat, then I had to ignore Joe!

I felt great around Joe. He made me feel great about myself and it made me smile how he genuinely wanted to know stuff about me. No one else takes an interest in me and my life like he does. But I can't even be friends with Joe, not with Mason as my brother!

End of part 13

A/N:

Hi guys! I'm really sorry this part is super short! But I wanted what happens next to be in a separate part! Well, until next time!

Rachel x