Part 62- Meeting the parents!

(A/N: JUST A HEADS UP BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO READ THIS CHAPTER: FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS BOOK, I HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP JOE AND ZOE'S MUM AND DAD TOGETHER. THIS IS IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM OUT TO CAUSE OFFENSE TO ANYONE. I JUST WANTED TO HAVE THEM TOGETHER AS IT WORKED OUT BETTER FOR THIS INDIVIDUAL BOOK. THIS DOES NOT MEAN I THINK THEY NEED TO GET BACK TOGETHER IN REAL LIFE; WHATEVER THEIR PARENTS DO IN THEIR OWN LIVES IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS AND I RESPECT THE CHOICES THEY'VE MADE FOR THEIR OWN LIVES.  THEM BEING TOGETHER IN THIS BOOK IS JUST PLAIN FICTION. THANKS! ENJOY! X)

Rose's POV

Joe, Zoe, Alfie and I were all in Alfie's range rover, on our way to Zoe and Joe's mum and dad's house. Joe and I were sitting in the back whilst Alfie was driving and Zoe was sitting in the passenger seat. Zoe and I were singing to the songs on the radio awfully whilst Joe and Alfie tried, and I mean tried but failed, to try and have a decent conversation over our voices. I was trying so hard to distract myself from the giant bag of nerves in my chest; but it was near impossible. Every time I tried to reassure myself, the worst thoughts came back to haunt me. I was so nervous! What Mason did to me has been all over the news! They'll very likely know about it!

What if they judge me for that instead of how I am when they see me?

What if they instantly don't like me?

What if they don't approve of me?

What if they think Joe is too good for me?

What if they turn Joe on me?

What if Joe realises i'm not good enough for him?

What if Joe starts to hate me?

WHAT IF JOE LEAVES ME?!!!

**************

We were all standing in front of Zoe and Joe's parent's house. I was even more nervous than I was in the car! Zoe turned the key in the lock and opened the door. We all walked in and Joe closed the door behind us. I made sure to stay near to Joe and let Zoe and Alfie go in front. 

"Mum! Dad!" Zoe called out. "We're here!"

Seconds later, in walked a woman and a man; Zoe and Joe's parents. 

"Hi Love" Zoe and Joe's mum said, hugging her.

I moved closer so I could speak discreetly in Joe's ear.

"What's your mum and dad's names?" I whispered.

"Tracey and Graham" he said quietly. 

Tracey moved onto Alfie. 

"Hi Alfie" she said, hugging him. "How are you, love?"

"I'm good Tracey" he said. "How's things?"

"Good, good" she said, smiling.

Just then, Tracey's eyes dawned on me. Joe gave me a slight nudge forward and Tracey walked up to me. 

"You must be the lovely Rose our Joe's been talking so much about" she said, smiling.

"Um yes, I guess I am" I laughed nervously. 

"I'm Tracey" she said, giving me a hug.

Tracey moved onto Joe and Graham came over to me.

"Nice to meet you, Rose" he said, smiling and giving me a hug. "I'm Graham. Welcome to the family"

"Thank you" I said, smiling and pulling away.

**********

I was talking to Tracey in the kitchen. All the lads were talking in the living room and Zoe had to take a call from her manager. Everything was going great!

"So, I heard about what happened with your brother" Tracey said slowly. 

Looks like I spoke too soon....

"Oh um, yeah" I said, unsure on what to say. 

It went silent for a minute. But I couldn't let Mason ruin another thing for me!

"Um, I just want you to know, i'm nothing like Mason" I said shyly. 

"Oh sweetheart don't worry. I know you aren't" she said. "I'm also really sorry to hear about your mum. Joe called me a few days after it happened. He cared so much for you and really wanted to help, but he didn't know how. He didn't know whether it was best to keep you company or to give you some space"

"Thank you" I said, taking a small sip of my tea.

"You're good for him" Tracey smiled, referring to Joe.

"He's good for me too!" I said, smiling. 

"I know we've just met and I know this is a big thing to say, but i'd be all for having you as a daughter in law" she said, smiling.

"Awh thank you" I said, smiling.

"I know your mother is no longer here" Tracey said. "But i'm always here if you need someone to talk to"

That melted my heart. 

"Thank you so much Tracey" I said and she gave me a hug.

The feeling I was getting was new but lovely. 

I felt accepted!

End of part 62

A/N:

Hi guys! Well, until next time!

Rachel x