Settling, Of Course

The days that followed the court trial were spent somewhat busily. Mike surprised Imogen with two things.

One: Her room. The way he designed it was beautiful but somewhat unnatural to consider that a man like Mike did it.

"How do you like it?" he asked after lmogen had looked at it the white room with green highlights.

"It's amazing and beautiful! Thank you so much! Altought you didn't have to hire people to do it."

"What! No I didn't! How could you say such a thing!" He had a hurt look on his face. "You actually hurt me." He clutched at his heart area.

Imogen wasn't buying it so she continued eyeballing him suspiciously but faintly smiling.

Then he gave up the act. "Okay, you got me. I didn't do it. BUT, I didn't hire anyone to do it. I begged Eli-Mrs Verne and her daughter to do everything. You know cuz they have the female taste."

"Thanks, they got it perfectly."

"And umm, there are a few clothes in the drawers and wardrobe just until you go shopping. she saw your size and promised she will get what you might like and would fit you."

"Thanks again so so so much. And I have to thank her sometime."

"Okay so I'm gonna leave you until you head downstairs." Mike said and left closing the door as he did.

Two: A chair. As she came down the stairs, something big and looked like a chair with wheels. Except the wheels were smaller than her wheelchair's and looked more sophisticated with a huge thing underneath.

She sat on the stairs and called Mike. He came quickly and she asked what it was.

"How do you like it?"

"I'm not sure what it is but it looks like a chair."

"Yeah, it's an electric wheelchair. You control it with a thingy over here." He put his hands on a toggle on the right handside of the chair and it moved.

Imogen's eyes were wide with wonder and exitement. "So you need a wheelchair too?'

"What? No No No. It's yours, stupid."

"Oh really? Oh my God Thank you so so so much." She sat on the wheelchair and let out a long sigh. "Wait, this is too much. You are doing too much for me."

"No don't say that. As your father I'm supposed to do them for you." He replied but slowly now. "Besides, no matter what I do, i can't quite make up for the last 16 years of your life so I'm trying to make your life better now in any way."

She looked at him and smiled, "Well thank you and I love you."

"Love you too."

The next two days, they went shopping in her new wheelchair. There was absolutely no parking space. He spot an opening in the back but as he reversed to get there, a shitheaded car suddenly put it there. The woman in the car sensed the hostility and gave him a smug smile on her face which reminded him of Regina.

"Wait a minute! No offence but you are a handicap right?"

"Yeeeaaaah," she answered, unsure where this was going but hoping as hell he wouldn't have to make her do puppy eyes at the woman.

"Great!" And he started driving again.

"Huh! The last time I checked, being a handicap wasn't a big, fat proud thing."

"No but it benefits us. We get the handicap parking!" He plastered a huge smile on his face which made Imogen smile althought a bit uneasily."