Two Wrong Moves

Imogen woke up to a horrible burning smell and clattering of pans downstairs which was making her get a headache. She couldn't sleep anymore so she moved out of bed, fumbling for her crutches. She immediately made a trip to the bathroom after smacking her mouth and getting a horrible smell of the previous night's food. Nachos and popcorn. Very nice, very healthy indeed.

The first thing she noticed when she returned, was the huge envelope from last night given to her by Edouard. Images came back flooding back as she ran up the stairs sulking her way to sleep. Luckily, the fact that Martin was now in her life, helped the fact that he was leaving, probably never to come back. He was the first person she ever actually had feelings for. Memories of her early years also came back of when she actually thought she was in love with Kirby but turned out it was just the feeling of having a boy for the first time in her life.

She pulled out the first hing she could find in her wardrobe and set it out for later when she is going to Edouard's farewell party. Trying hard not to look good for a guy who was leaving. Besides, she reminded herself, you have Martin now, who is a great guy. Again, she recalled the scene and news about Finley Wallace, his brother and couldn't help smiling.

She wheeled her way to the edge of the staircase and walked down with the crutches, then sat down on her new wheelchair. That was the routine. The smell got stronger and nastier and she wondered what the hell was cooking.

The sight of Mike in the kitchen was pathetic. And funny. There were white stuff on his face and pajamas and his hands too.

He looked at her as she came in. His face was saying help me but when he opened his mouth only, "I was trying to make pancakes."

She only nodded and moved inside. The mess was worse nearer. Egg shells and slime, on the floor, flour, sugar and stuff. The floor was a total mess. For a moment she was glad she couldn't walk.

"What happened?"

"Thought you might like a change in menu. Too tired of toast in the morning so I tried pancakes. Not as easy as it looks."

"Maybe we should just stick to the toast and cereal in the morning, ok?"

"Sure."

She had a look at the mixture and said," I think we can salvage some of this. Where did you get the recipe?"

He took his ipad from the counter and showed her the screen where there was a video of a food being made. "Next time stick with the written stuff."

They settled to watch Friends before afternoon when he had his interview and then Imogen with Edouard's party. Chandler was in an office meeting and falling asleep. At the end he accepted a job post in another city which pisses his wife, Monica off.

Mike left early and she called Kirby asking him to please drop her off at the party later on to which he agreed. She fely guilty later that she hadn't been with him more since she moved.

He showed up not a minute late as she locked the doors. Turned out nothing seemed to have changed between them but something definetly did. She begged him to come into the party but he refused, saying he had to be somewhere. She had known him long enough to know that he was clearly lying but she let it go.

A lot of people turned up but why was she surprised. He was a lot popular in a way. She was immediately regretting showing up.

Music : Loud.

Boys: Wild.

Girls: Slutty

Eyes turned on her and way was paved. She searched the huge crowd for any familiar face but none. They all didn't seem to be from her school. Wait, except a few and later she did see some faces that she knew, some of them even in her class, but Edouard was nowhere to be found. The music was too loud and she looked for a room to eacspe it.