Chapter 2

Serenity POV

It's been 2 days since I've had any food. Don't get me wrong I love my mom more then anything, but aren't you suppose to love your kids enough to think about them for once?

Anyways I'm glad it's Monday unlike most people my age I love school it's my escape from my messed up life at home.

Once I got to school I noticed a few girls laughing and pointing at me, I looked down and noticed what they were laughing at ..... my beat up old Nikes that I was wearing. It's hard for people to understand my situation my family has no money at all, my mom can barely pay rent.

Like I always do I just kept walking the halls with my head held high. I finally got to my locker and my bestfriend De'liya (dee-leeya) was waiting for me with breakfast in her hand for me , she's probably the only one that understands my situation.

She has been there since 7th grade , when I had no where to go it was her house I stayed at, when I had nothing to eat like today she fed me , it takes a real ass person to do all that for you.

We talked for about 5 minutes until the bell rung, I went to my first period class and when I walked in and all eyes were on me. A boy named kevin pointed at me and said " Yo what the fuck wrong with ya shoes?" Everyone started laughing I was so humiliated so I ran out the school and just kept running having no clue where I was going.

** Dre' POV **

I was driving down the street and I saw a girl just sitting there crying, normally I wouldn't give 2 fucks but I was in a good ass mood.

I pulled over and walked over to the girl, she looked up at me and gave me a faint smile.

In the face she beautiful as hell but I don't know what shawty got on, I've seen people struggle but damn this was beyond belief.

"Are you just gonna stare?" She asked me... Aw my bad ma it's just that I wanted to know why are you on the side of the road crying? " Its a long story and I don't know you"

Well you can get to know me. Let's have lunch , you look hungry. She hesitated at first then got in the car with me.

Haha yeah, I knew she couldn't resist.