Chapter 16: Heaven couldn't wait for you.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. -Phillipians 4:13

Dre POV
Sometimes it's hard trying to be strong when you have no one to hold onto at night.
Sometimes it's hard being strong when you lose your mom at an young age.
Sometimes it's hard being strong when you haven't seen your dad in years.
Yeah I look tough, but the truth is I hurt like the next person and I have problems of my own. I'm done waiting for Serenity. I gotta find happiness somewhere somehow and I will get that, but I know one thing for sure... Imma always love that girl.

I snapped out of my thoughts and pulled out of my driveway. It was 1 AM , the time every young nigga get in they feelings.

I was making a quick drop in the neighborhood because you can never have enough money.

I got out my Benz and walked up to my first customer. He had on all black which seemed a little weird to me, but I pushed that to the back of my mind.

He looked up at me and out of no where I felt two stings to my chest. I collapsed to the cold ground, I closed my eyes as I saw my life flash before my eyes.

I saw all the times of my mother struggling to pay bills and to simply put food on the table.

I saw all the times of me waking up in the middle of the night crying because of hunger.

I saw the day I first met serenity.

Then sleep took over me. Maybe it was just my time to go, but if anybody listening let serenity know I love her and my daughter....

*****
Serenity POV

I woke up suddenly all sweaty and out of breath.

Something in me just didn't feel right.
I looked at my TV and saw something about someone being shot and killed.

I ignored it until I heard his name.

I ran downstairs and to my car and hopped in. Heading to my cousin house.

I finally got there and beated on the door.

He finally answered and I just kept on punching him and crying.

YOU WERENT SUPPOSE TO DO THAT TONIGHT!!! I yelled at him.

I didn't mean it when I told you to kill him , it was a joke!

A joke I could never take back.

I guess Heaven just couldn't wait for you !

*****
Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
- Cedes 😘