Chapter 5

Serenity POV

The rest of the week flew by and before I knew it, it was Friday. I rushed home to get ready for my date with Dre'.

Good thing my mom wasn't home. I walked in my brothers room but nothing was in there... This could only mean one thing, they finally got tired of putting up with my mom.

A tear slid down my cheek then I quickly wiped it away. Me and my brothers have always been close until now, I never thought they would just leave me here like this.

I pushed them to the back of my mind as I tried to fix my hair. I hope things get better for me and I know God has a plan for me.

*****

Before I knew it , it was time to leave. I looked down at my outfit.. my jeans were to short and my shoes were falling apart... hopefully he won't laugh at me.

I walked outside and got into his Benz truck. He looked so fine! Black True religion jeans and a black V neck and some black timberlands.

He gave me a big smile and a kiss on the cheek , good thing it's already dark because I'm blushing hard as hell.

Before I knew it we pulled up at the mall, we got out and held hands as we were walking in.

Once we got in we went straight to American Eagle, I bought the whole store! He bought me at least 10 pairs of pants , 12 shirts , 5 shorts.

We walked around and somehow ended up at footlocker he bought me all the KD's they had.

********

Dre's POV

One thing people don't know about me is that I truly love helping people out, I'm a good guy at the heart.

We were sitting in the food court just talking and laughing.

I took her to the verizon store in the mall and bought her a Galaxy S5, I mean I haven't ever seen a teenager with no phone.

You should have seen how her eyes lit up when I handed it to her.

She better not ever try to cross me or I'll cut that shit off real quick but for now she good.

*** Serenity POV ***

He dropped me off at home and gave me a kiss on the lips.

I was glad that my mom wasn't home, I really don't feel like her hitting on me tonight.

I took a quick shower and changed into some pajamas, then my phone vibrated.

Him😘 : I had fun with you tonight (;

Me : me to , we should get together tomorrow.

Him😘 : can't tomorrow got a lot of buisness to handle.

Me : Okay, goodnight.

Him😘 : G'night ma (;

I finally had one happy day in a long time. I just hope I know what I'm getting into.

Even though he's here for me now, I know things can quickly change. I need to be stable and starting from this day on I will never be the same.

I will become a stripper to afford what I need and I will make it out the ghetto. I know this isn't the best way but it's what I gotta do.

So starting tomorrow I'll have my own money.

Life is getting good! And I hope it will get better.

Okay these are who the characters look like.

Serenity : the girl on the book cover

Dre' : August Alsina

De'leiya / Dee : Megan Good

Serenity Mom : Vivica Fox

These are the main characters so far.

Don't forget to vote.

Please comment and tell me what you think of the book.

- Cedes :)