Chapter 33

"Maybe she needed someone to show her how to live, but he needed someone to show him how to love." ~ N.R. Hart

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order

----------

(Y/N)'s POV

     I stopped breathing for a moment. So he wants to kiss me . . .

    I began to lean towards him, but then stopped. No! my mind chastened. Think of Shoto. Why would you do this to him? You love him more than anything, and now you're just gonna kiss Bakugo?! I cringed.

     "(Y/N)." Bakugo began to lightly play around with my hands in impatience. 

     I closed my eyes. I love Shoto, and he's the only one I want to kiss. But if this is the price for keeping Kacchan as a friend . . . I'd do anything not to lose him. I knew I was gonna deal with severe guilt after this, but I'd feel worse knowing that I'd lost a friend over this. 

     I opened my eyes, looking at him. 

    "Just . . . don't tell Shoto?" I whispered, my heart now racing a million beats a second. This is wrong, this is wrong, what am I doing?

     He nodded before slipping his hands onto either side of my jaw and tilting my head up.

     I closed my eyes as I felt his mouth against mine, and allowed myself to kiss him back. I made sure I didn't hold it for too long, though. 

     I stood there for a moment as he took his time pulling away. I was completely calm, with my hands hanging at my sides. Inside, however, I was going insane. I couldn't believe what I just did. I just kissed another boy, and I let him touch my face and hold my hands. Will I be able to hang out with Shoto after this, like nothing ever happened? Would I be a terrible person if I did? Does this already make me a terrible person? I was completely overwhelmed now, I just wanted to run and hide.

     I opened my eyes just in time to see Bakugo open his. He just looked at me, with somewhat more peace than before. He slowly took his hands off of me and backed away from me.

     "Thanks . . ." he said quietly.

     I nodded, then rushed to close the distance between us. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. Everything that happened during the last five minutes had gotten my emotions riled so uncontrollably that I didn't bother holding back anymore. I let my tears leak slowly onto his shirt, praying that he wouldn't mind.

     He hugged my back, rougher than Shoto would, but it still made me feel good that he was okay.

     "I'm sorry, Kacchan," I whispered to him. "I'm so sorry."

     We let go of each other, and I waved to him as he started walking away. I continued to watch him until I couldn't see him anymore.

     I'm such a slut! I scolded myself. How will I be able to live with myself now?  

----------

Third person POV

     Taega couldn't believe what she saw. (Y/N), who was in love with Shoto Todoroki more than anything, had kissed Bakugo?! It filled her with guilty excitement.