Part 16: A Glimpse to the Past

You had just returned from a round of thot patrol around your home block. 

After concluding that no thots were around, you left your motorbike, known as the Grave Rogue Rider, in the parking spot before activating its security to make sure it's not stolen.

You entered the apartment, where you found a worried Kiyohime exit Greencube's room.

"Something wrong?" you asked her.

"Master is having some sort of existential crisis, or something to that effect." the Berserker said, "I can't get through to him myself. Could you try to talk to him, please?"

"Yeah, sure. Greencube's my buddy anyways." you replied as you walked past her to take a look at the Ascended Anti-Spiral.

It was sitting in its chair, curled up in a ball.

You looked at the monitor if its PC, which had been left open.

It was a news article with a strange title;

FINNISH MAN PART OF SUPER SOLDIER EXPERIMENT DIES, FAMILY HORRIFIED BY EXPERIMENT

Greencube then slowly raised a hand and pointed to the other tabs.

Then, checking what they read, they said;

SUPER SOLDIER EXPERIMENT CREATES A GOD

EXPERIMENT-MADE GOD STOPS DISASTER, DECLARES ITSELF AS "GREENCUBE"

PEOPLE BEGIN WORSHIPING GREENCUBE

GREENCUBE DISAPPEARS

And then there was a more recent news article.

FINNISH MAN'S PARENTS MISS THEIR SON, WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE SUPER SOLDIER EXPERIMENT

"Oh jeez." you said. 

Greencube then placed a hand on your shoulder.

And then, you witnessed a vision that the Ascended Anti-Spiral gave you.

The vision started with you watching Greencube sitting in a black space before standing up and walking into a portal it created. It then walked through the streets of some form of town before levitating to look through a window of a modest home, where two people were looking at a photo of a young man, crying as they did. 

You guessed this was Greencube's home as a human, and that the two people were its parents. 

This was followed by a flashback IN the flashback.

This one was where the young man in the picture, who you guessed was Greencube as a human, was working at a security station.

Then, suddenly, a machine began to malfunction a little below his guard post. He dashed dow to look at it, but things only got worse.

Three machines, one containing Nebula Gas, Getter Ray -emitting dust and liquid spiral energy malfunctioned and broke, showering Greencube in the substances.

Under intense throes of agony, Greencube stumbled into a room labelled "Intrinsic Field Removal Chamber" Which started thrumming before suddenly disintegrating Greencube's human body.

Then, the flashback ended.

It then grunted as it floated back down to the ground before leaving the place to jump on the roof of a bus.

The Ascended Anti-Spiral had seemingly made itself invisible as nobody had reacted to its presence.

"Mourning, eh? No surprise." you stated as you watched it ride the tops of buses to reach the capital of Finland, Helsinki.