Chapter 9

Thank you all for your support. I appreciate it. I hope you enjoy the chapter and I will have another one for you next week. :)

(Derek)

"What is the meanest thing you have ever done to Andrew?" I asked, coming to a stop at a red light.

"I put cayenne pepper in his jockstrap," Brenna answered.

I winced, trying my best not to squirm. "What did he do to deserve that?"

"My boyfriend at the time gave me a box of my favorite chocolates for my birthday." She sighed. "Andrew ate the entire box. He had to pay for taking what was mine."

"You made him pay alright." The light turned green, and I pressed down on the gas pedal. "I bet he never touched anything of yours again."

Brenna shifted in her seat. "He buys me a box of the candy every year for my birthday. I always offer him a piece. He won't take it."

"I don't blame him," I said. "If I was him, I wouldn't want any of your candy either."

"It's your turn," she said. "What is the meanest thing you have ever done to Parker?"

"I hid his-" Before I could finish what I was saying a call came through from Parker. I jabbed the button on the steering wheel and said, "Parker, I have you on speaker since I'm driving. Brenna's with me."

"Hey, Brenna," he said.

"Hello, Parker," she said. "We were just talking about you. Tell me something. What is the meanest thing Derek has ever done to you?"

"He hid my car keys from me," Parker replied. "It took me the whole day to find them, but in all fairness I deserved it. I told our mother Derek was the one who borrowed her car and didn't fill up the gas tank, when it was really me who did it. Borrowing a car and not putting gas in it was a big no no in our household."

"Brenna put cayenne pepper in her brother's jockstrap," I told him.

"Damn," Parker said. "That hurts just thinking about it."

I chuckled. "Did you call for a reason?"

"Trisha's sister is having a housewarming party Saturday afternoon," Parker explained. "She invited me and Trisha. I was wondering if you would watch Daisy for a few hours."

"Sure, I'll watch the ladybug," I said. "What time do you want me to pick her up?"

"Twelve-thirty," he answered. "Thanks for watching her, man."

"You don't have to thank me for watching my niece," I told him. "I enjoy spending time with her. She gives me an excuse to act immature."

"And an excuse to spoil her rotten," Parker added.

"It's my job as her uncle to spoil her," I pointed out. "Give her a kiss for me and I will see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow," Parker said. "Good night, Brenna."

"Good night," she said.

I ended the call.

"What are you going to do with Daisy?" Brenna inquired.