Dating?

Kayla's POV

I woke up to my ringing alarm at 6 am and then got ready. I put on high waisted black skinny jeans and a dark blue striped shirt. I did my hair and makeup, I just combed my hair and let my natural waves fall loose on my shoulders. My makeup was natural with a slightly pink lipgloss. I put on my denim jacket then went to my little sisters' room.

"Girls wake up!" I said as I turned on their light.

I helped them get ready then we went downstairs where we saw our brothers and our mom. It's been a few weeks since dad came home but he has a broken foot, a sprained wrist, a broken rib, and bruises. I'm so glad he isn't hurt even more than his state now.

My dad was sitting in his seat at the table as my mom made breakfast. "Morning Kids." They greeted us.

"Morning mom. Morning dad." We greeted them.

"Kids, breakfast is waffles on a stick. Take one first then if you want more make sure everyone got at least one so far. Ok?" Mom explained.

"Hey mom. Can I go out with a friend tonight?" I asked her.

"Who?" She asked.

"Um, just a person I met in class." I said.

"Boy or girl?" She asked.

"Boy." I whispered.

"No. You're 16." She said.

"But you started dating at 13." I said.

"And I got pregnant at 17." She snapped back.

"Mom. It's not a date. We're literally going to his house and play monopoly with his baby sisters." I lied.

"Ha, like I believe that. But bring one of your siblings. It could be Kassie or Kyle. Bring one or don't go." She said.

"Hey! Don't I get a say?" My dad asked.

"No." Me and mom said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you'll be too protective of his 'precious baby daughter'." I said.

"I agree.

"So I can go?" I asked.

"No. Unless you bring a sibling." Mom said.

"I'll ask him." I groaned then we all grabbed our things and went to school.

I got to school, and we aren't very popular. Actually, the head of cheer has a massive crush on Kingston but he knows better and listens to me. I love my siblings and will kill for them. I'm very protective of them. My brothers also can be WAY too protective of me especially when I'm around a boy who isn't related to me.

We're known as the Orlando Triplets. Kyle is the head of basketball, Kingston is in like every club, but me? I sing but never outside of my family.

"Hey sis." Kyle said as he got out of first period.

"What is it Ky?" I asked.

"There's talent show auditions. Can we all try it out?" He asked.

"Who's we?" I asked.

"Me, you and Kingston. We all have music in our blood. Please?" He begged.

"Fine. When is auditions?" I asked.

"After school." I nodded and we went to second period.

After school

Kyle and Kingston had a free period after lunch so they got their guitar and piano. Plus we agreed on a song. My mom wrote it when she was 14 and sang to us. She loves to write songs but never told anyone. I kinda stole her old song book and I love to sing them.

"The Orlando Triplets?" They called out and we stood up. Kyle and Kingston set up their instruments as I adjusted the microphone. "Start when you're ready." They said and Kyle and Kingston finished.

I looked at them and they nodded.

(Pretend it's a original)

I finished and then they applauded.

Me and my brothers hugged then got off. "How do you think we did?" I asked.

"I don't know. Let's go home before mom and dad thinks we went somewhere." Kyle said then we left school and went home. We live close to the school so we take the bus or walk.

Once we got home, I heard my mom singing in our music room. I snuck a peek and saw her singing to dad. I smiled and walked back to the kitchen. Some kids don't like seeing their parents all lovey and stuff but our parents have gone through a lot so I love it when they express their love to each other, even if my younger siblings don't get it. I don't since I've never experienced live like they have. But I know it's amazing.

"Hey Ky. Did Jenna get to you?" I asked. His ex girlfriend that no one knows about except me and Kingston of course. But she's SUPER clingy. After their first date, she wanted to meet our parents and she wanted him to meet her parents. She didn't even let me hang out with him because I'm a girl. IM HIS SISTER!

"Yeah." He said.

"Yeah what?" Dad asked as mom wheeled him in the kitchen.

"Nothing." We answered.

"Okkkkk." They said; knowing we were lying but they brushed it off.

"Mom? Are you gonna have more kids?" Kingston asked. We all turned to him; confused.

"No. Why?" Mom asked.

"Just asking." Kingston said.

"That was random. But I do want a another sibling and a baby brother." Kyle said.

"Same, but a baby sister." I said.

"You guys are 16. Why do you want another sibling when you have 7?" Dad asked.

"Eh?" We said then ran up to our rooms.

I called the guy I was supposed to hang out with but told him that I needed to cancel. One, my mom said no. Two, I don't think I could start dating. Could I?