Recital

Kathrine's POV

My name is Kathrine. I'm the 4th child and I'm 10. I now have a new baby sibling and am so excited! His name is Killian and is so CUTE!!!! I've never said that about any of my siblings so that says a lot. No offense to my pare, but Killian looks a lot like my Aunt Annie and Aunt Maddie combined. So he's SUPER CUTE!!!!

"Mommy, do we have any plans tomorrow?" I asked as we ate dinner. It's Thursday and normally my grandma or grandparent has a dinner of maybe it's for my mom.

"Actually, no. Once you kids get home from school, we'll take you to your activities but since tomorrow is Friday, you guys are home by 5. Why do you ask honey?" My mom said as she fed Killian his bottle of milk. My mom had dark circles under her eyes and since Killian needs special care, he gets very fussy and can wake up the neighborhood I bet.

"Well, maybe we can all have a movie night. It'll be our first with Killian plus we haven't had one in a while." I said then took a spoonful of soup my dad made and ate it.

"Not a bad idea Kathrine." My dad said.

"What do you guys think?" My mom asked my siblings. We all nodded except for the triplets. Of course.

"We can't make it." They said in unison.

"Why not?" I asked.

"It's Mia's birthday tomorrow." Kayla said.

"You guys can miss a party. Or else you'll be dealing with Kathrine, whining in your ear. Now pick." My mom said as she stood up and burped Killian.

"Fine!" They groaned and I laughed a bit then helped Kayden with his bread.

-

The next day I woke up to Kayla waking us up. We have to have a tight schedule or else everything falls down. My mom had 9, yes 9, planners. That may not seem like that much but she goes through them quick too. Each one for each kid. She even had one on her phone for birthdays and blah blah blah.

I quickly dressed and as I combed my hair, Kayla was helping Kassie and Kimmy.

"Come on Kathrine, change. You have ballet and it's gonna be a pain changing quick before class. Go and change." I rolled my eyes at Kayla but obeyed. I changed into a blue skirt with my white shirt tucked in and a blue and black flannel. I folded the sleeves so they reached my elbows.

Once I was done, I hurried and put hairspray, a bunch of hair accessories, and some other things in my dance bag.

-

Once school was done, I went to all my younger siblings' classes and picked them up so they won't get lost. We all got on the bus and rode home. Once home, Aunt Annie took some of my siblings and since my Aunt Brynn was visiting, she dropped me off at dance.

Today we had a recital, but my parents never go. Because I'm mostly in the middle, I feel like I'm forgotten. Like, last night, when I pitched my idea, I was surprised they said yes.

Once I made it to dance, I did my hair. My mom taught me so when she's not here, I could do it by myself. I looked all around the dressing room and saw moms, doing their daughters makeup and hair.

"Kathrine." I turn my head and saw my dance director. "Where's your mum? Don't you need her to do your makeup?" She asked. She's from England and is very caring.

"Um, she couldn't make it. But I'll just do it. My sister Kayla taught me." She simply just nodded and I did my makeup. What my parents don't know is, I'm almost 3 payments behind. I guess when my mom and dad get so many emails a day, they can skip some.

"Good luck sweetie. I'm so proud of you." I heard a mom say to her daughter. I look behind me and saw them hugging. I smiled and, well- sometimes I wish I was the only child. Yes, it can be lonely, but I can manage.

"Kathrine, your up." My director said. "Do you want me to film it for your mum?" She asked.

"Um, sure. I doubt she get it though." I said.

"Why do you think that?"

"She's always so busy. She gets like hundreds of emails a day. But, it's ok. I won't waste your time on me just filming everything my mom won't see." Before she can talk, I walked on stage. Today I had a super complicated dance but I managed.

As I was about to finish, I look at the audience and see my director filming me. Oh god, what if my mom does see this? She used to be a dance so she, no no no!!!!! I ran off the stage and ran to the back room. I can't do this. I can't, I just cant!!!!!!