Date

Kayla's POV

I was walking into school when a boy came up to me. Jacob Clemings, a super hot guy from the football team. I've known him for 7 years.

"Hey Kayla." He said with a smile.

"Hey Jacob. What's up?" I asked.

"Do you wanna go on a date? I know it's very forward, but,"

"Sure. When?"

"Tomorrow night, 7:30 pm, at Pasta Amour. Please don't stand me up." He laughed at the end making me laugh. I smiled and nodded.

I walked to first period and saw Kingston looking at me weirdly. I just ignored it and walked to class.

-

"Honey are you- oh, I didn't know you were going somewhere." My mom said as I ransacked my room looking for clothes. This is what I do when I can't find anything to wear when I'm going out.

"Tomorrow I have a, hang with a friend." I said.

"So this friend. Do I know him, I mean her?" She asked.

"Yeah. Um, Jacob Clemings. Anyway, can I barrow a dress mom from your boxes? We're going to Pasta Amour." I asked.

"Of course. I'll find you one."

-

The next day I went home after school and did my homework. I took a shower, blow dried my hair, did my makeup, then did my hair.

I changed and was finally ready.

I grabbed my purse and went downstairs where some of my family was

"Mom! Dad! I'm leaving!" I yelled then saw Kingston and Kyle at the door.

"Where are you going sis?" Kyle asked.

"Out." I answered.

"Where?" Kingston asked.

"Pasta Amour. I need to go now." I walked past them when my Uber arrived. I got inside and she drove me to the restaurant.

I went inside and saw Jacob waiting. "Hey." He said, getting up and giving me a small hug.

"Hey, sorry I'm a bit late. My siblings were interrogating me." I said as we both sat down and the waitress gave us each a menu.

"The ravioli is amazing here. I'll get that please." He told me and the waitress.

"Yeah, and I'll get the eggplant lasagna without the cilantro." She nodded then left with our orders.

"I feel like we haven't spoke for years." Jacob said.

"We just spoke yesterday." I joked.

"Yeah, I mean. Since I am now on the football team. We are just friends. Not best friends like in junior high." He said.

"Of course we aren't best friends. At least we are friends. Probably since junior high, I haven't spoke to Maria. Who knows if she still goes to our high school?" I said.

"I heard she went to Seaside High." (Haahhahaha) Jacob said.

"Really? That's two hours away." I exclaimed.

"Yeah. Also, I heard Darius moved to Jensville." Wow, Darius was our best friend in fifth grade. I totally forgot about him.

We ate and talked. He offered to drive me home and I let him. When we stopped in front of my house. We were silent.

"I had a really amazing time." Jacob spoke.

"Me too." Then we both looked into each other's eyes and, bam!!!! We kissed. Gosh. It was amazing. It lasted about 5 seconds then we put our foreheads together. But, he kissed me again.

I kissed back then we started to make out until I saw the sprinklers turn on. I pulled away and saw the time.

"Damn it. It's 9 already? I forgot my dad puts the sprinklers on at nine so we know it's our curfew. Sorry. But that was an amazing date."

"It was. Um, text me, maybe we can do this another time?" He asked.

"Of course. Sure." I nodded then ran inside. The sprinklers were soaking me. I went inside and saw my dad laughing and my mom glaring at him. "Really dad? You just got me soaked." I said.

"Come on. You were in that car for too long." He said.

"You were spying on me? Mom!" I yelled.

"Kayla, get cleaned up. I'll deal with your father." She said then I ran up to go shower. I took a shower and then gave a kiss on the forehead to each of my younger siblings.

I went to my triplets room and saw them both in Kingston's room playing video games.

"How was your date?" They asked me.

"Good. Except when it was over, dad turned the sprinklers on a different way so I could get soaked."

"Who was the dork who went with you?" Kyle jokes.

"Jacob Clemings." I said.

"Him?!" They exclaimed.

"Yeah, him. Why?" I asked.

"The star football player? Dang." Kingston said and I hit both of their heads.

"Shut up. FYI, we kissed. Twice. Not just kissed but," then I leaned in their ear, "we made out." That triggered them with anger and I ran to my room.

Oh well.