Part 12

TRIGGER WARNING FOR REST OF BOOK: ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, AND EATING DISORDERS.

I was sleeping on the couch until I was shaken awake by Anthony. "Zar, wake up, waterpark time," he says. I then slowly open my eyes to see him all ready go. "Ok I'll hurry to get ready," I say before speeding to get ready. I then brush my teeth and hair, thrown on my dandelion swim suit and denim shorts, and I am ready to go. 

"Wow that was fast," Anthony says

"Wow that was fast," Anthony says. "Well I didn't do any makeup, so thats why," I tell him while trying to hide my face. Anthony then lifts up my face and says, "I prefer you this way." I then start to blush before I start to race him to the car. 

After a short 45 minute drive to New Jersey, we are there. We buy our passes and find chairs. "I'll be in the lazy river," I tell Ant. "No no no, we are racing on the slides first," he tells me before dragging me to the slides. We go down 10 slides and I win at every single slide. After some more races we then finally get to go to the lazy river. We then float around for a few times before I see someone I never wanted to see again, Jasmine. 

I then hurry to get out and leave when she approaches me. "Zara, iv'e lost contact with you how are you?" she asks peppily. "Horrible since you slept with my boyfriend," I say angrily. "What?" she asks confused. "Don't act like you don't know," I huff. "I don't know. That day you walked in on us he had told me that you two had been over for a while," she says. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah, I would never have done that if I knew that you too were dating," she says apologetically. "Jas, can you give me a ride home?" I ask her. "Of course," she says and we leave. 

After I get back to the apartment I see I have 10 missed calls from Anthony. I ignore them, grab my things, and call Pippa. We talk and I explain what happened and she comes to get me. After we get back to her apartment I break down in tears again. "Pip, I can't go to the show anymore with him there," I tell her. "Zar, you can't quit, we all love you. If anybody needs to quit it's Anthony. Let me make a few calls and I'll be back," she says before walking outside. I then wait for about 15 minutes before she comes back in."He's taking 2 weeks off the show," Pippa tells me. "How?" I ask. "Well, Lin is really pissed at him so he told Anthony to take a little break," Pippa says before I tackle her hugging her. 

After the show is over I decide I should just think for a while. I run up to the roof and look over the city. I suddenly feel a mix of emotions come over me. I feel like if I was better Anthony would love me. If I wasn't fat, ugly, emotionally unstable, and successful he might love me. It's crazy how you can be so laved and surrounded by people, but no matter what you feel do alone. 

Word count- 575 words