doubtful

"Nice to see you again." My father eyed me heavily, giving me a nasty look. My mother just smiled kindly at Harry.

"I-um..I have to talk to Harry. Can we do this later?" I even pleaded with my eyes. I didn't want Harry to see any fighting between the three of us. It was probably hard enough to just be in the room with us.

I hadn't told anyone but Trent and Amara about the situation, and I planned to keep it that way as it wasn't something I was proud of. I still remember the disappointment in their eyes as I pulled out of the driveway, driving my way back to Trent. As I always did.

"Okay." My father wasn't one to start up a conversation after situations such as ours. He always waited for an apology. And he wasn't going to get one. I was still in love with Trent. Harry was merely a wedding date and a friend, he was my neighbor.

My parents stepped away and almost immediately, caught a conversation with Josh's parents.

"I need to go home and get my reception dress. I forgot it in my room." I didn't expect Harry to want to drive me home and back to get some silly dress. After all, the wedding was going to start soon and it would be terrible to miss it.

"No," He stated, I raised an eyebrow and waited for a follow-up response. I'd expected a 'no' but he had just stated that this out of the blue.

"What do you mean, no?" I tapped my heel on the marble flooring. Time was flying by and I hadn't even seen Amara yet. I really didn't have time to go back home.

"I'm going to get it. I'll be back soon! Don't you worry, Mara. I'll get it back to you before the wedding starts." He snatched my home key out of my hand and rushed out of the hall, leaving me alone. He was really going back for me, for my dress.

I rushed through the hallway and back to Amara's dressing room. I pushed open the door and the eyes of Isla and Amara fell upon me. Amara's hair was braided up high, it looked painful but it was so beautiful. A lily was pinned in her hair and her dress was even more gorgeous in person. Even as a regular and traditional white, it looked so beautiful. I felt so proud of her.

"There you are! The guests are getting seated in ten minutes!" I didn't know if Harry was going to make it in time. If he didn't, it would all be my fault.

While Isla rushed around, fixing the other bridesmaids hair and fluffing out Amara's dress, I talked Amara through her nerves. I wasn't one to be giving anyone relationship advice, but it felt as if everything I'd ever wanted in a relationship was flowing out of my mouth. I had kept all my dreams in a corner of my mind and heart for all these years, putting Trent before myself and holding back myself.

"Wow, Mari. Thank you." A tear fell onto her cheek, which Isla quickly reacted to, bombarding her with a makeup wipe to make sure no mascara had dripped.

"I couldn't have done this without you, Marielle. I want you to be happy. I never wanted to ruin your life, you know that" I nodded and thought that maybe a tear filled with every emotion I'd pushed away for the past few years would stroll down my cheek.

"I-I just don't want you to get hurt. Go have fun tonight with your British neighbor." She giggled a little and wiped away another incoming tear with her thumbnail. We were both emotional wrecks, I'd just been for longer.

"I love you, Marielle. Don't give up on your dreams for some jerk that doesn't know how much you're worth."

"I love you too, Amara."

"Another seven minutes everybody!" Amara stood up and smoothed down her dress. She walked away to chat with the other bridesmaids which consisted of a few of her high school friends and our cousin, Amber.

It was like an invisible clock was just ticking away above my head. McAdenville wasn't too far away from where we were and Harry had left a little over five minutes ago. Even though he didn't know Amara, and he was only my plus one, I wanted him to be here.

I wondered what Trent was doing at the moment and thankfully, it was twelve meaning Trent was probably off at the grocery store and wasn't home to see Harry.

"Five minutes! The guests are seated and we're going to get in line to go in a couple!" I notice that Amara was giving herself a pep-talk in the mirror, her voice quiet enough so nobody could hear her. I'd never understand the nerves of getting married.

I almost bit down on my lip again, it was a habit that I didn't like very much. Because the next day, I'd have a painful kanker on my lip. Sometimes I couldn't help it, I did it when I was sad or nervous and that was quite often.

"Marielle, there's someone at the door for you!" Amber called, she gave a quick smile at the person behind the door and hurried back to the line where we were being put in order. I didn't know by what.

"Harry? Is that you?" I asked the not so mysterious person behind the door, probably waiting with a mustard yellow dress.

His ear-to-ear smile gave it away almost immediately, he hung the dress in all its glory over its shoulder.

"Thank you, so much." As soon as my fingers grasped the material of the dress-bag it was placed in, I felt immediate relief. Everything was fine now.

"I have to get to my seat, I'll see you soon, Mara." My heart did backflips over the nickname, I felt like me as a teenage girl after going on my first date. Except for this time, it wasn't with Trent.

I surely hoped that my last date wouldn't be with him either.

-

American hotline for domestic abuse:1-800-799-SAFE (7233).

Website link for more information and numbers:
http://www.thehotline.org

Watch these:
https://youtu.be/WL3rfk2iFww
https://youtu.be/hhHdIhfK7LQ
https://youtu.be/5Z_zWIVRIWk

-

Yay! I've been writing more chapters that are 900-1200 words long! They're all at night because for some reason, I get a bunch of inspiration at night. Listening to my music helps as well!

Thanks for over 300 reads on this story! I expected it to barely even reach twenty.

Keep on reading because more chapters are to come!

-Brisa