Advay Malhotra

~Nandini~

I didn't know why my eyes prickled looking at the father son duo. I was experiencing lots of emotions. The way the kid clung to him as if his life was dependent on his father. The way Manik was holding his son protectively as if he will shield his baby from all the odds of the world made me think what I have missed in my entire life. My father no let me correct that, I hate to call that man my father. Let alone affection the protection I should have got from my father, which I never got, was equivalent to a huge black hole. Call me stupid, call me crazy I officially fell in love with this man who is standing right in front of me.

I don't know what he has done being a Mob Boss and how many lives he has taken. I cant tell whether he is a good man or not. But he is surely not a bad man, the monster he is known to be. He is a father of a beautiful baby.

"Big boys don't cry", Manik, cooed him, his attention back on his son.

"Daddy", he hick up feverishly.

"I am sorry Sir, he was running 102.4 fever since morning and taking your name. It was next to impossible for me to tame him. He has been cranky throughout the morning. I was...", she sighed. "Missing you Sir", the woman finished looking at the floor.

"It's good that you have informed Kero, Jenny. I appreciate your effort. I was supposed to visit him yesterday but was stuck due to some unforeseen circumstances".

"Doctor Radha has categorically said that you need to visit him once a week till his phobia subsides".

"I know Jenny, I had promised him that I will be with him. For the first time I broke that promise but it really wasn't my fault. I wanted to contact you but my phone was out of range".

"You had promised daddy that you would take me out today. You broke my promise", the child whined as she started hitting the ASR with his little fist.

"Daddy is very sorry for that baby. And daddy promises that once the fever is gone, son and father will go to the park and enjoy a whole day".

"Pomish?", he asked excitedly rubbing his eyes.

"Pakka promise", Manik kissed his forehead fondly.

"I have already given him crocin and antibiotic drops. The doctor said that it will go away soon. He has caught flu".

"Thanks Jenny. Why don't you go and rest for sometime. I will keep Advay with me today as I plan to stay here tonight".

"Thanks Sir", the pretty blond who must be in her late thirties replied tiredly. "He needs you".

"I am here for him. You go and take rest and also if you could show Miss Murthy her room? It would be the third room in this floor".

"Certainly Sir", she bowed before looking at me. "This way madam", she gave me a watery smile.

I wanted to ask her so many questions but then refrained myself from doing so because it would be highly inappropriate stalking ASR. I can ask him directly. Not that he would answer me. But still I need to know more about him. I want to know about Advay.

I gave the duo a last glance before I exited the room. I followed the blond blindly and stopped when she opened the door for me. The room was fairly big with a queenside bed. All the upholstery were white and light blue colour. There was a huge painting on the wall just above the headrest of the bed. The wooden floor gave me the much-needed warmth as I opened my shoes and wiggled my toes to relax them. The woman, Jenny, opened the curtains for me to expose the busy streets of the city.

"The bathroom is on your right madam. And there is an intercom that is connected to the kitchen. If you wish to eat anything, Chef David would be at your service", Jenny informed.