Turn of Events

~Manik~

When I woke up she was gone crushing my thoughts about her being that sort of a girl who would be all for pillow talks you know those clingy sorts. But I was wrong. Bittersweet memories of her morns clung to my bed sheets and my memories. There is one part of me that regrets what has happened yesterday night for loosing all control. Another part...well lets not get there. I want to lock that another part of me who wanted to touch her again in the morning. She is like a breath of fresh air. When I expected myself to be happy that she was not there beside me, I felt disappointed. I scratched my head and blamed those medicines for messing up my thoughts. Yesterday was one off, I strictly reminded myself. Yet my heart screamed, I want more of her and no, not just on bed...but.

The ping on my phone took me out of my trance. What came next is unbelievable is something I wasn't expecting so early. It was a message from Kero, Nandini's brother wanted to meet for a deal. When I thought she is going to prolong arrangement, he contacts my man to give me th news about returning Sheetal. And in return, he wants his sister back. For what I wondered? As far as I know Avinash, he is not a person who would easily accept defeat. I am aware of Sheetal and his hot affair behind my back. Not that I care with whom Sheetal sleeps. She was technically my secret keeper more than my girl friend. But I am aware of her betrayal. Nobody knew about our port joint where I went yesterday. She almost got me killed. In our profession there is no place for betrayal. She is going to pay for this. And maybe the time has come for that.

Nandini needs to be informed as soon as possible. The thought about her leaving us, is unsettling. Not that I care but something about her connects something inside me. This feeling is alien and I know I shouldn't nurture this because this might be the death of me.

~Nandini~

My heart sank as Kero informed me about the meeting with my brother. I demanded to meet Manik once before the meeting. But he rejected saying he was in a important meeting. I spend most of my time with Adu thinking about how I am going to miss him terribly. We have become so close in such less time maybe because I am one of his blood relative. My eyes threatened to spill unleashed tears as I thought of not being able to meet them forever. I wanted to take Manik's permission to meet Adu and him once in a month secretly. But he just refused to meet me. It was my mistake to leave his room in the morning. But I thought he wouldn't want me to be in his room and on his bed when he wakes up. I didn't want to come across as a clingy bimbo. The real me wanted to cuddle up with him. The thought about him being so considerate yesterday was unnerving as if I got to see a different side of him. His eyes were hooded most of the time. He stopped whenever he sensed my unease and then let me experience the ecstasy of lovemaking. I don't know whether he would call it that or not. For him it might have been just sex. But I know the difference out of all the people. He was rough at the beginning but when it came to the deed he was ever so considerate. Maybe I was a disappointment for him because of my inexperience and uninterested in the subject. Plain and simple, before today, I have never thought of satisfying a man. Now, I sort of regret that I wont get another chance with him.

When Kero came to my room and told me, I just went and hugged him. Initially he hesitated but after few seconds he hugged me awkwardly. I searched in his eyes that wanted to tell me something but managed to keep a straight face. He left before I could ask him to arrange meeting with ASR.

Sharp at 12:30, we all boarded the car. There were extra securities of course. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him coming out of the building when two armed men behind him. He opened his shades before entering the car that was parked right in front of the one that I boarded. I thought maybe we would ride the same car but to my disappointment it was different. Now, there is no scope to talk to him anymore. Luckily Kero was with in my car so I kinda hinted him what I needed to say to ASR. I hope he conveys that to him in my absence.

There were four black cars in total all having ASR's gang logo on them. They all took a turn to leave the city. Soon the high rises went out of my sight and miles of barren land came into my view. Adu's baby smell lingered on my dress and his feeble goodbye wrenched my heart everytime I remember his pouty lips. He said he would miss me. He is too small. Maybe he will forget me soon. My heart squeezed at the thought.

The car came to an abrupt halted throwing me off the seat. I managed to gain by balance and looked outside. My brother was standing in the middle of the barren land. Ten of his cars surrounded him. His bodyguards were in place. Going by his stunts he was trying to figure out which car belonged to ASR.

He opened his door and walked towards my brother. I was not able to hear their conversation because of the bulletproof glasses. My brother turned and went to a car to pull out a woman. She is drop dead gorgeous. Her hands were probably tired as she struggled to gain her balance. My brother pointed a gun against her temple. Then he ordered ASR something. Right on the cue Kero took me out of the car. Unlike that woman I was not tied and nobody pointed any gun towards me. I walked till where ASR was standing. ASR pointed the gun towards my brother and ordered to release Sheetal. So, this is the woman of ASR's life. I absolutely stand no chance beside the beauty.

The moment ASR pointed the gun, my brother's bodyguards pointed the gun towards Sheetal. ASR moved the gun towards me and pointed right against my temple. And that was it. He hates me. I mean nothing to him. He can kill me for Sheetal. I am just a hostage. I should be remembered that. I was a fool to think that he might have a soft corner for me. For a moment I forgot he is just like my father and my brother who murders innocent people. And I am his enemy after all. He pulled me by my hand pushed me in front of him. I stumbled a bit and turned towards him. I wanted to ask him so many questions. But I chose to keep shut because it was now of no use. "GO" he ordered. Defeated I hung my head and turned towards my brother. He too pushed Sheetal and asked her to go to ASR.

We walked towards each other and for a moment stopped when we reached face to face. She smirked and crossed me. I found it a little weird. I walked towards my brother and for some reason I turned. To my shock her hands were not tired. She was holding a gun. I immediately realized that this was a sham. Sheetal was in my brother's team. I quickly turned and ran towards Sheetal whose back I was facing. I pushed her on the ground. I turned towards my brother then who was visibly pissed off. He pointed the gun towards me uttering the word traitor and shot. The bullet pierced my right side of the chest. Before I collapsed on the ground I heard few gunshots before the world became totally blur.

~Manik~

He shot her right in front of my eyes. And I couldn't do a single thing. The next thing that happened is my bullet hit straight into Avinash's head while Kero shot dead Sheetal. While I took care of others I ordered Kero to get Nandini in the car. I didn't have guts to see whether she is breathing or not. For the first time in my life my hands shook. I hope she is still breathing. Everything inside me drained at the thought of loosing her. I can never forgive myself for pointing the gun on her head. But what could have been done. If I didn't Avinash would have figured out my soft corner for his sister. I couldn't let that happen. After making sure that the rest of them are dead I ran towards the car. Kero was cradling her in his arms. I wanted to straggle him for touching what belongs to me. But, I can only see brotherly concern. "She is breathing", relief washed over me hearing his words. "She needs to be operated right now", I confirmed. "Call Dr. Flynn".