CHΔPTER ONE

"Seriously, move out of my way," two hands shoved me off to the side, slamming me into the lockers. I pulled myself up and glared at my attacker.

"Grow up, Jason," I sneered at him. He stopped walking to wherever he was going and stomped back over to me.

"What did you say, Davis?" he shouted, grabbing onto the front of my shirt.

I had to deal with this everyday, so I was pretty much used to being bullied by Jason Thompson, the school jerk.

I looked down at his fist crumpling up my t-shirt, a soft white shirt with the 1975 logo on it, and then looked straight into his eyes.

"This is one of my favorite shirts," I spoke coldy, "So I would appreciate it if you'd please remove your hand from it."

His eyes gleamed with hate for me. I had never done anything to him ever. I was always picked on because I wasn't rich or beautiful and I didn't have a "hot body." I literally had the body of an eight year old girl.

He pulled me forwards and then slammed my back onto the lockers again. I winced but continued to stare at him.

"DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT, YOU WORTHLESS SHIT!" he screamed into my face.

He pushed me down to the ground and stomped off. A bunch of people in the hallways laughed, and others scurried by looking sorry for me, but didn't do anything to help.

"Grow up, we're seventeen for god's sake," I mumbled under my breath.

I slowly got up and ran away from everyone. I walked down the stairwell of the school and hid under the bottom of it.

I had a habit of coming down here when I didn't want to face anything that was going on. I had shed many tears down here, skipped too many classes down here, and so on.

To be completely straight forward here, my life basically really sucks.

In all my years of school, I've never really had any friends. I have people that I talk to sometimes, but no real friends. School sucks for me. I'm really intelligent; in all honors classes, but the people suck. I've always been made fun of for reasons I said earlier. Which aren't even logical. There is no good reason to bully anybody.

And to say nothing of my life at home. My mom is the only remaining parent here. My dad kind of just ran off when I was born because drinking and doing drugs were better than raising me. So I was left with my mom who works in a small supermarket and when she's not working there she's out partying with friends. She always brings home a new guy and I always lock myself away in my room because I don't trust any one of them.

She doesn't pay attention to me at all. I never get praised for my education achievments because she never knows or cares. She never notices how I hardly eat.

I stopped eating so much when I thought I was fat, and it just got out of control. Now I hate my body because I'm too skinny. I just hate myself.

I began to cry under the staircase like I usually did. I buried my face in my backpack.

I heard the lunch bell ring and I stopped crying and wiped my face. I got up and ran up the stairs. I didn't want to sit through the rest of the day at this horrid place.

I ran to my locker and grabbed a bunch of books and then once everyone in the hallway had made their way to the lunch room, I slipped out the front door and ran.