CHΔPTER ELEVEN

I woke up the next morning to an empty couch and quiet flat. I stood up and stretched, listening to see if Kyle was home.

"Kyle?" I walked down the hall and looked in his room. Empty. Bathroom; empty. He must have gone out.

I went into the kitchen and found a note on the counter.

Jessalyn,

Had to go practice with the guys. I'll be back sometime tonight. Call me if you need anything!!

So he was gone and I was stuck in his flat with no idea what to do. Sounds fun!

I went back to the couch and turned the TV on.

"If you have seen this girl or know anything about her whereabouts, please contact the number here'" the news lady said.

My eyes widened. On the screen was a picture of me. It was my school photo from last year. I looked totally different in it; my face was chubbier, my hair was shorter and I had bangs, but you could definitely tell it was me without a doubt.

My mom was actually looking for me? No no no no no. I pulled on my hair. My stomach tied up in knots as the lady continued to talk about me being missing, but I wasn't actually listening to her.

My heart started beating like crazy. I could feel my head getting hot and I couldn't swallow. They would make a big deal of this... a missing seventeen year old girl. But I was almost eighteen, so they couldn't force me to do anything once I was eighteen, right? I don't know how these things work!

I tried to take deep breaths but I couldn't. It felt like someone heavy was sitting on my chest. I started feeling light headed, everything was spinning, and I fell off the couch. Dark spots lined my vision. I was shaking and sweating like crazy.

I can't believe this was happening. I didn't think my mom cared enough to even notice I was gone.

If they found me they would charge Kyle for kidnapping no matter what I said. I just knew. My mom would make a big deal of it too, trying to get money out of the whole ordeal.

I thought about calling Kyle to tell him but I couldn't. I didn't know what to do.

I stumbled to the bathroom and threw up. Maybe I was making a big deal of this, but this was just too much to handle. I was scared; for Kyle and myself. But more for Kyle. What if I ruined his life? I should have never called him that night. I should have just ran off somewhere. I mean, why should I have expected Kyle to take care of me?

I needed to cut. I just had to. I was feeling so much hate towards myself I wanted to hurt myself. I sat on the bathroom floor and sobbed into my knees.

The only thing I could think of right now was wanting Kyle, but quickly pushed the thought out of my mind. I needed to get out of the habit of wanting Kyle because I was going to have to learn to live without him so his life could stay normal.

I looked everywhere for a razor blade but couldn't find some, so I found a pair of scissors and cried more as I hurt myself, wishing that I never did these things to myself. But the pain from the cuts distracted me from the pain I was feeling in my chest.

I woke up on the bathroom floor. I guess I had fallen asleep.

I heard the sound of the front door being unlocked. I quickly hid the scissors and pulled the sleeves over my arms. I walked out and was greeted by Kyle.

"Hey there," he smiled.

"Hi," I said quitely. I don't think he saw the news. I didn't want to tell him.

"So, since it's clear that you're going to be staying here, you need clothes and whatever else. And you'll be taking the guest bedroom. Although, now it's not a guest bedroom, it's your bedroom," he rambled off.