CHΔPTER FOURTEEN

~Jessalyn's POV~

"OH MY GOD, JESSALYN, WAKE UP! WAKE UPWAKEUPWAKEUP!" I heard someone screaming bloody murder. I became aware of the bed bouncing up and down, and I was bouncing up and down with it.

"Whatthehell," I mumbled to myself into my pillow.

I began to laugh as I realized it was Kyle. Crazy bastard. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair, squinting my eyes at him. He was sat cross-legged on my bed beaming at me. I reached under my pillow to find my phone, checking the time. 10 am.

"It's not too early, is it?" he continued smiling.

"Um, no... but, what's the wake-up call for?" I inquired.

He continued smiling and ran out into the hallway. He came back with confetti poppers, popping them all one after another, then slapped a birthday crown onto my head.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSALYN!!" he shouted, smiling and jumping around.

I smiled down at my hands. Kyle is the sweetest, craziest guy...

"How'd you know?" I asked shyly.

"Oh, y'know, I just stalked your twitter," he winked at me.

I laughed a little and gave him a little smile. He ran over and jumped onto me, wrapping his arms around me and making me fall back over onto the bed.

"Heyy!" I squealed, trying to wiggle my arms out of his tight grip. He held me tighter and kissed me on the cheek. I felt myself blushing hard so I tried to hide my face in the sheets.

Kyle let out a sarcastic gasp and said, "Is Jessalyn blushing?! Woa!"

I pulled my right arm out and lightly hit him on the cheek. "I am not, and will not ever! Never ever!" I laughed.

He laughed too and picked me up out of bed, taking me out into the living room.

"I made pancakes!" he shouted and threw me on the couch. I kept laughing as I took in the sweet smell of the pancakes on the kitchen counter. I gasped as I looked over at the platter they were on.

My god, he made pancakes... tons of pancakes! The stack was leaning over from the height of the fluffy pancakes. He carefully carried it over and set it on the coffee table.

"I present to you, the leaning tower of pancakes!" he giggled.

I stared in shock at the stack. "I think we need more pancakes..." I joked.

He stared at them too, stroking his beard with his thumb and forefinger.

"You know, you're right. We do..." he mumbled.

I laughed and took one of them off the stack, putting it on a plate. I put syrup on it and dug in. I widened my eyes at Kyle as I took the first bite.

"Oh my gosh, these are amazing!" I gasped. And they were! They were perfectly fluffy and delicious.

We continued eating pancakes until we couldn't even think about pancakes anymore, and there were still some leftover.

We slumped over on the couch rubbing our stomaches.

"I don't even regret eating that many pancakes," Kyle said.

"Me either, honestly," I replied. We smiled at eachother and watched the TV for a few minutes before Kyle sat back up, facing me. I looked back at him as he said, "You're eighteen now! You're getting so old, Jessalyn!"

"I know. I'm aging with grace, though," I winked.

"Are youuu going to age with graaace," he sang, pulling me close to him.