CHΔPTER NINETEEN

My heart beat with joy when I looked at the calendar and realized Christmas was less than two weeks away. Christmas was my all-time favorite holiday. And I knew this year I would get to truly enjoy it.

Kyle and I had decorated his flat last week, and I had to admit it looked pretty nice. We hung up mistletoe, (which we hadn't been stuck under together... yet) wreaths, and tons of sparkly festive banners and cute decorations. Now the only thing left was to get was the tree, which we were going to get today.

I put on my favorite black skinny jeans, a black long sleeved Panic! at the Disco shirt, and black boots. I grabbed a hat and some gloves and went out into the living room. There was a knock on the door and I shouted, "Come on in!"

Dan, Will, and Woody piled in in their winter gear, a thin sheet of snow covering the top of their hats. I gasped. "Is it snowing again?!" I ran to the window and looked out. Sure enough, perfect snowflakes were peacefully falling down outside. I smiled and stared out the window. As much as I hated freezing my tits off all the time, I did love the snow.

Kyle came out, already in his winter coat, hat, and gloves. I ran over and gripped his shoulders, jumping up and down. He caught me in his arms and held me.

"It's snowingg!" I sang.

He walked over to the window with me and looked out. "Well, perfect tree-picking-out weather then?" he said.

"Definitely!" I beamed and kissed him on the cheek.

"You guys ready?" he asked everyone else.

"Yup!" they all chimed in. He set me down so I could put my coat on, and we all piled out the door.

The car ride was toasty and full of loud voices singing Christmas tunes. We all laughed and sang along to the radio.

When we got to the the tree farm, we all piled out, and Kyle pulled an ax out of his trunk

"Woah there tiger, best be careful. I don't wanna lose any limbs right now," I winked. We all began running towards the forest of trees that had been growing for people to cut down and take home. All of the tall pine trees were covered in layers of freshly fallen snow. They all looked so beautiful.

We kept running through the snow until we were deep in the trees. We all stood trying to catch our breath. I leaned over, resting my hands on my knees. My chest burned from running through the tall snow, but it felt good and kept me extra warm. I stood up straight and exhaled into the air. My breath looked like white smoke; all of ours did.

"Well, let's go tree hunting," Kyle finally said, wiggling his eyebrows. "Who's'a with meeee?!" he screeched, jumping up and swinging the ax. We all laughed and skipped after him.

"Someone please take that large sharp object away from Kyle," Will mumbled to me. We looked at each other and laughed. But seriously, I was watching Kyle closely making sure he didn't injure himself or any of us.

"Ooo, what about this one?" Dan chimed in, standing by a large, full pine tree. Kyle took one glance and said, "Mmm... no."

"No?!" Dan exclaimed. "It's perfect!"

"Not perfect enough. We must work hard to find the proper one," he said as he kept walking further and further. And for what felt like hours, we stayed out in the cold searching for the perfect tree. We all pointed out beautiful trees to Kyle but none of them were perfect enough. I wondered if anyone else had noticed that we had just gone in a giant circle. I heard Kyle gasp and run towards a tree.

"This one!" he yelled, standing by it. We all ran to look at the tree, and instantly moaned at him.

"Are you kidding me?" Dan complained.