CHΔPTER EIGHT

I was tired and groggy and still dizzy by the time we got to Kyle's flat. I kept my eyes shut tight, tears still steadily flowing out of them.

I tried to think of something; anything else, trying to get the pain to stop, but it was useless. My brain kept replaying the events of the night over and over again and I just wanted to die. This was something even Kyle and his quirky personality couldn't fix.

I felt him carry me out of the car and into his flat. My mind was other places, not even paying attention to what was happening in the real world.

I was sweating and crying and I noticed I still wasn't breathing normally.

I felt Kyle lay me on a soft surface; a bed. I then felt a cold cloth pressed onto my head.

I ignored everything that was going on around me as Kyle tried to make me feel comfortable. It was clearly impossible. I kept moving around trying to find a position that would help ease the pain shooting through my body.

I slowly started drifting off to sleep. I felt Kyle get into the bed next to me. I assumed I was in his bed.

Funny, just yesterday I would have been screaming at just the thought of being in the same room with Kyle Simmons, and now I didn't care at all. I didn't want to be here, or anywhere, right now.

I tensed up as I felt Kyle wrap his arm around my shoulder. He felt it and loosened his grip, but still kept his arm there like he wanted to protect me.

If he had let me just stay with him a month ago when I wanted to none of this would have happened.

For some reason I felt angry at Kyle. It was like I just needed to be angry with someone that wasn't me. I knew Kyle couldn't just keep me when he helped me clean up the day that Jason beat me up, but for some reason I was angry that he didn't anyway.

I fell deeper and deeper into sleep, but my mind continued racing with anger and hurt.