findings

agent Jeon's pov

After working for a few hours, and getting nowhere, I open the fridge hoping and praying that its as decorated as the rest of the house. I was right. I grab some lasagna and red wine. I put the lasagna in the oven and grabbed two cups and popped the cork out of the bottle.

"Y/N!" I yelled as I walked up the stairs not knowing what room she chose her own.

"yes?" she replied. I followed her voice.

"I made food." I said poking my head into the room.

"okay, I'll be right there." she said.

We head downstairs and I take the lasagna out of the oven. I pass her the glass of wine and set her plate down in front of her.

"oh thank god you can cook." she sighed.

I furrowed my brow.

"I hope you like cereal, because that's all I can make," she giggled.

I smirked a bit and turned back around to close the oven.

The dinner was going to be akward but that was because well... we're not friends. And we will never be friends, we have a job to do and that's it.

your pov

The lasagna was good and so was the wine. The dinner was akward, I mean why wouldn't it be? I know nothing about him and i dont think he wants to know anything about me. Or at least he didn't act like it.

"So, want to have lightning round?" I asked. I wanted to know more about him. He was so uninviting and grim, he was someone you'd never walk up to at a party. He seemed so dark yet in his eyes you see something else was there.

"Lightning round?" he asked, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Yes. A lightning round. Basically, we just ask each other question back and forth so we can get to know each other."

"That sounds stupid." he snarled. "I'll pass."

"fine," I spat. "We'll just sit in silence throughout the whole meal, good plan Agent Jeon."

I rolled my eyes, got up and put my plate in the diswasher, I turned back to him. "i hope you realise we are going to be living together for the next 6 months and I dont even know your name."

I started to storm off.

this guy has issues. I was asking for your name not your dick size, jesus.

"yah," he said interupting my thoughts. He stood up and faced me. "We are not friends, we are not here to become friends. We are here to solve this case and find Jack the Ripper. So if you are going to be focused on finding out my favorite colour instead of that, you should just leave."

"bark back like that one more time and-"

"AND WHAT?!" He yelled.

I scoffed, "what is your problem?"

"My problem is that you seem more interested in me than this case!"

He stood up and stormed out of the room.

nah, he can't have the last word.

"Got it. So i'll just call you sir from now on." I could practically hear his eyes rolling.

I walked over to the coffee table and sat down on the sofa. I pulled out my computer and logged into the FBI's database. Since we were undercover, I had to use the back-roads to figure out who he was. My friend, Sana, in college taught me how to find anyone on a computer, even someone as deeply undercover as we were. I found him after scrolling through dozens of 'Agent Jeons'. All who work in United States.

When I finally found him, I ran into a newspaper article labled '7 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE JEON FAMILY'S TRAGEDY', I saw a photo of two young boys with an older man in the article as well.

Jungkook has a brother? is that his father?

[ A/N; just pretend that Jungkook has another older sibling ; a sister ]

"Jack the Ripper struck 7 years ago killing 2 of the 5 members of the Jeon family. The bodies of Hyuna and Yerin (mother and daughter) were found by Jeon Jeongin (father) and his two sons. Their bodies were multilated and stabbed to death. The boys and their father were out celebrating a massive win made by the older son at the wrestling arena earlier that day. The well known killer, 'Jack the Ripper' is the only suspect the FBI has ever been able to looking into this day. Today, June 3rd, 2018, we continue to mourn the death of two innocent victims of Jack the Ripper's wrath. To this day, the younger of the siblings, Agent Jeon Jungkook, age 22, has dedicated massive amounts of his time trying to find the man who killed his mother and sister. If you have any informations about 'Jack the Ripper' please call the number below."

oh my god. Jack the Ripper killed his mother and sister, that's why he is so hell bent on solving this case. Should I go talk to him? No, no i never should have seen this in the first place. 7 years ago, he was 15, I cant believe a teenager had to go through something so devastating. No wonder he's such an ass.

He's broken.

•••
PART | SEVEN