𝐢𝐯. Guy in the Chair

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 — 𝙜𝙪𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙧

"COME ON, PETER, time to wake up."

He felt a hand on his back, patting him lightly, but still he jolted at the sudden movement on him and the soothing voice right near his ear. The voice was more familiar, he had heard it many times – and it certainly wasn't the first time he had heard the person say this to him – but still he looked up at Brendon and gave him a smile.

(He didn't let anyone know, but was quite proud that he finally remembered Cute Boy's name, no more Brandon with a question mark.)

Peter couldn't help the yawn that escaped his mouth next and he moved his hand to cover it but Brendon didn't seem to mind. The boy just stood in front of him for a moment before saying, "Class is over. I'll send you the notes later."

It also wasn't the first time Brendon had done that for him. Despite barely knowing each other, well Brendon barely knowing him and Peter now having a better understanding of the boy, Brendon was always there to hand him a pencil when all he had was his notebook because he forgot his computer again or it was dead. Or send him notes because he fell asleep during class.

Peter could never figure out why Brendon was so kind to him, he had never made any move to talk to the boy and here he was, willing to send him notes. Even though he didn't know why Brendon did this, he felt immensely grateful because otherwise his grade would be suffering and that meant an angry phone call from both Aunt May and Mr. Stark (he still refused to call him Tony, much to the older man's chagrin.)

"Thanks," Peter managed, standing up and putting his laptop in his bag, "Really, you are a life saver."

Brendon just gave him a grin that Peter didn't know what he did to deserve. "No problem. I get it. Just stop making it a habit, okay?" the boy asked before saying, "Bye, Peter," and leaving him.

Peter stared for a moment where he left before following him out the door. He knew that it was a habit, a terrible one, and Harry was already getting onto him enough about it. He hated being woken up at three in the morning when Peter was shuffling around after just returning from patrol. Aunt May never let him stay out that late, but Aunt May was back in Queens.

Still, Harry got back at him in his own way by constantly reminding him to pick up his underwear in public. With other people around. He sighed, life would be so much easier if Ned was his roommate like the originally wanted and planned on before Ned get a single and that was too good to pass up. He couldn't ask his friend to refuse it. Plus, it made it so much easier to put together Legos without the judgement of others. Or play video games without being called nerds.