𝐱. Butter Toffee

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣 — 𝙗𝙪𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙚

"BETTY, WE'RE CLOSING so can you please, like, get up and leave?" Brendon asked his friend, watching her lift her head up from her arms where it was resting and glare at him. He recoiled immediately but didn't say anything to take back his claim because he did need her to get up so that he could clean her table. There was a hesitant smile on his face as he added, "Please?"

It came out in a squeak and that seemed to please Betty enough as she smirked and started to move her stuff off of the table and back into her bag, standing up as well and moving out of the way for him. He waited for all of her stuff to be gone from the table before spritzing and then bringing the rag down to the surface.

Betty sighed and rubbed her eyes, "I'm so tired, Brennie."

"Well, it is midnight," Brendon told her, not even trying to sympathize because he was also exhausted from work and was also awake at this time. "Everyone's tired."

"You're so rude to me, you know that? Here I am, being a good friend and keeping you company at work – even at midnight – and this is what I get in return? Some friend you are," Betty muttered, though sarcastically.

Brendon gave her a nice, mocking smile and she rolled her eyes at him, shoving him lightly. He laughed at her, "While I appreciate it, I have Bren to entertain me."

"Ah, yes, Bren. Who was flirting with Harry until ten minutes ago," Betty responded.

This caused the Winchester boy to frown and stop cleaning for a moment to look at her. "I thought you've been sleeping for the past thirty minutes."

Betty shook her head in response, "No. Well, not really. I was drifting but I made sure to stay awake – falling asleep in public locations is so not fun. Believe me, I've done it before. Got totally humiliated...never again."

She shuddered at the memory and Brendon was partially ashamed to admit that he wanted to laugh at her. He managed to control himself, partially out of fear that she would whack him hard this time. Betty was a hard hitter, Brendon didn't want to experience it again. He's pretty sure he bruised the first time.

"Hey," Bren came out from the back, clothed and ready to leave, "Anything else I need to do before I bounce."

"Um, yes," Betty said as if the answer was obvious. She moved to where Bren was and Brendon felt the need to follow, not wanting to be left out even though he should probably work on cleaning up the rest of the front so he could leave. Oh well. "You need to tell us what's been going on between you and Harry."

Bren blushed easily but he shook it off. Too late. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he lied, moving to push past them but Betty placed her hand up to stop him.