𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. Dreams Come True

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 — 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙚

HARRY FELT BAD. Of course he did because Brendon was all mopey now and avoiding him a little because he was the one who proposed the bet that made him ask Peter out, which led to his embarrassment. And Peter felt awful because Brendon was also avoiding him and he had no way of cornering the boy to talk things out and also confess his feelings, so he was at a least and felt so shitty.

          Then there was Harry; the one who orchestrated it all. In his defense, he hadn't thought it would end up this way when he made the deal with Brendon. He thought Brendon would ask Peter and then the Parker boy would squeal (he just seemed like the type) and then they would kiss or go on a date, riding off in the sunset together and living happily ever after. The end. It would be beautiful and Harry would be best man at the wedding for one of them because he was the reason they even got together in the first place.

          And then, after they got together, he would ask Bren out or something like that and it would be nice. They wouldn't get married, Harry didn't have the lifespan, but they would have a happy couple of years until his life was inevitably cut short. Or well, until it ended because his life wasn't being cut short since the doctor's he had gone to in the past, who had no cure for him and just left with a death sentence, told him he only had until about twenty-three.

          Which, he guessed, was better. Of course, that was only a few years away and he would never get to grow old with Bren or watch his friends really become adults, but at least he would only have a few painful years instead of a long life full of endless pain that would never stop. He just had to look on the bright side of things sometimes.

          Everyone would be happy. They would move on after his death so it would be okay. No one really cared about him except for this small group and they would move past him. It was alright.

          But things were not going according to plan. Not that he should have expected it to. He thought of something too organized and easy for idiots like Brendon and Peter. Of course they would fuck up something so easy – they couldn't even notice that the other person had an obvious crush on them. They were too helpless but Harry was still determined to get them together.

          He just didn't know how exactly. Which is why he was lamenting his troubles to Bren, who was playing with his hair as he laid his head in the Cooper boy's lap.

          "They're just – they're so idiotic sometimes it hurts. Like, it physically hurts," Harry complained, soothed only a little by the fingers brushing against his scalp.

          "I know. Believe me, I know. Brendon's been a pain to work with lately. Well, more than usual," Bren traded back to him.

          Harry groaned then, shifting his head to get a better look at Bren's face. He had no time to admire, even though his jawline was too sharp and his skin was too fine and he just wanted to sing praises to the god above him, it just wasn't the time. They had other things to focus on; he could do that later.