𝐯𝐢. Pumpkin Spice

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭 — 𝙥𝙪𝙢𝙥𝙠𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙚 (𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚)

(𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚)

PETER AND NED didn't sit out to each lunch often. They liked to eat inside where it was warm and away from the New York cold, but with their usual place they ate on Tuesday full and nowhere else they exactly wanted to eat – they had a schedule for all of this and they absolutely could not mess it up – they took their food to-go and ate outside.

Well, it was like Ned was eating while Peter sometimes picked at his food, interested more in his Spanish essay that he had to finish before the next day or else he was screwed. He had already missed one assignment in that class and after rambling about it to Mr. Stark got a warning that school had to always come before Spider-Man or else he would take away every suit that Peter could get his hands on.

It was a lie, they both knew it. After his sophomore year when he tried it and seeing the results (that being Peter getting crushed under a collapsed building), Mr. Stark promised to never do it again. But it definitely got Peter to nod along and put in the effort to finish his Spanish assignments at least.

He mostly lied when he told Mr. Stark that school would always come first. It couldn't because what if spending time on his essay and not out on patrol got someone murdered? He couldn't live with that, he couldn't live knowing that someone else's uncle could've just died because he wasn't there to save him.

(Part of his brain uttered 'just like Uncle Ben' but he hushed it quickly. He didn't want to thin about that at all.)

"I don't see why you're stressing over this," Ned said, munching on his sandwich, "You're great at Spanish. Aren't you already fluent?"

Peter shook his head. "I'm not fluent, I just...know a lot of it because of Mr. Delmar and all the comments he made in Spanish."

Ned hummed in understanding, looking over at other tables. "Oh, Harry's over there. Should we join him?"

He peered over to where Harry was sitting, already knowing who he was with. Brendon was there, picking at his food and frowning at it and he found his mouth moving in that direction as well. Feelings, ugh. They were too complicated and distracted him, especially after the stunt with Spider-Man coming into the coffee shop.

Betty was there too, and so was the other guy. Peter was sure it was something close to Brendon's name but he never picked it up, usually when he sat over there he didn't really listen in on the conversation. He just did something on his phone and ignored them for the most part.