Chapter 4, Part 2

A small distance away from them was what it appeared to be small huts. In the center of the huts stood one standard sized house. No one appeared to be outside at the moment as far as she could tell.

Is that the place the doctor spoke of?

As they got closer, to the strange huts, Evelyn started to notice that there are indeed people out side. In fact, all of them are women.

"Well, well, well! It's been a long time since we've seen you, Raynold!" One women spoke in a cheerful voice and pats him on the shoulder. She has long blonde hair and is wearing a simple brown dress with black leather boots. The doctor looks disgusted by the fact that the woman had touched his shoulder.

He must know her...

"...don't say that name." The doctor addresses her sternly, but she just laughs at him.

"Ok, ok." The woman obliges.

She looks down and notices Evelyn staring at her while standing a few inches behind the tall man. "And who's this pretty, doc?" She asked and begins to fiddle with Evelyn's short locks.

"A girl who was accused of being a witch." The Occisor blandly put the story.

"Oh, I'm sure that's the short side of the story... anyways dear, what's your name?" The woman asks as though she was addressing a confused child.

"Evelyn.." She answers the woman and her eyes light up.

"What a pretty name~!" She says and pulls Evelyn into a hug. The woman pulls away from the embrace before Evelyn had a chance to refuse, to say, "My name's Albreda, a witch at this sanctuary!"

A place for witches... but I don't belong here. I'm not a witch.

"But of course, you're accepted here too, dear. After all, Occisor did bring you all the way here. He doesn't tend to bring people at all! What a bummer." Albreda pouts while Evelyn stands in confusion.

"...bring people?" The girl asks Albreda.

"Oh, well usually witches are brought here to protect them from danger. It's a long story... but sometimes Occisor brings a long a few witches. But he's usually so anti-people so, it's nearly impossible to get him to bring anyone. In fact, I bet he'd kill the whole human race to be alone for-" The woman babbles, but is cut off.

"I wouldn't kill the whole human race." The Occisor says.

"Uh huh. Yeah ok then." Albreda says as if she was making a mental note of it. "Anyways, I guess I'd better show you around then, Evelyn. You wanna tag along doc?"

"Not really." The doctor says bluntly.

"Figured." The woman says and mutters something. "Ok doc, you can just wait here for me to finish showing your girl around. Follow me, Evelyn!" Albreda says and takes Evelyn's arm.

"She's not 'my-" The doctor says but stops when he realizes that they're already gone.

Something doesn't feel right.

"So, how do you know him? The doctor I mean." Evelyn asks the woman as they walk.

"Oh! So it was that obvious!" She says and laughs. "Well, since his mother was a witch, him, his father, and mother would stay here from time to time. Because they were here, we use to hang out a lot when we were kids. If you were wondering, he was always cold from the start." She tells the girl. "But... when he was with his mother, it was if he was a completely different person. Him and his father."

Albreda guides Evelyn to the house in the center of the huts first, and lets go of her hand. "This is the main house. It's used for cooking, meetings, to hold the sick, and where we all sleep when it's winter." The woman says while pointing at various spots on the house. Although Evelyn couldn't see the inside of the house because it was blocked by two double doors, she could still sense its home-like nature.