Gotta Go Fast

Over the course of the last few weeks you have been training on the roof before bed with Jaune and Pyrrha.
Your speed hasn't increased all that much but you feel as though you're getting better at combat with your claws.
Jaune and Pyrrha are busy with other things so you're training by yourself tonight.

You: Well, since I don't have a sparring partner tonight let's see what I can do about my speed.

You pull out your phone to use the stopwatch function on it to see how long it would take you to travel from one side of campus to the other.
After about 30 minutes you begin to get frustrated because no matter how hard you try you can't beat your best time.
The more you tried the more frustrated you would get until out of the corner of your eye, you noticed someone has been watching you from the roof.
You fly towards the roof and reach them in seconds.

You: Didn't I already tell you it was impolite to stare?

Ruby: Well, I couldn't get your attention without yelling and I couldn't do that because it's late.

You: Fair point I guess.
Did you need me for something?

Ruby: Yes actually, you see we were all talking and decided to head to the docks tomorrow to meet some of the students coming to Beacon for the Vytal Festival and we were wondering if you wanted to come too?

You: I'm just gonna assume this was Weiss' idea, yeah I'll come, sounds fun.

Ruby: Awesome! Then you should get to bed soon because we're gonna be heading out bright and early.

You: okay, I feel like I wasn't making progress tonight anyways.

You then head inside with Ruby to shower and get to bed.

(Ruby's POV)

You: I'm gonna take a quick shower and head to bed alright?

Ruby: Okay, tomorrow is gonna be a big day so, that sounds like a good idea.

The two of you then walk into your dorm and you head into the shower.

Yang: So is he coming?

Ruby: Yup!

Yang: See? I told you he'd come.
He'd much rather spend time with you than spend a whole day training.

Ruby: Yeah, I guess your ri-wait!
What do you mean when you say he'd rather spend time with me?
Don't you mean he'd rather spend time with us?

Before yang can reply the conversation is cut short by what sounds like music coming from the bathroom.

Weiss: That's weird, isn't music usually accompanied by lyrics?

The four girls are then surprised to hear you start singing.

This is the song

It's Memphis May Fires acoustic version of beneath the skin.

After a few minutes pass, and the song ends Weiss is the first to break the silence

Weiss: ....Well that was.... hauntingly beautiful...
I wonder if he'd ever want to do a duet?

Ruby: Wow... he has such a nice singing voice...

Blake: That was quite the performance...

Yang: Wow sis you sure do know how to pick'em.

Ruby: Dang it Yang, you know that it's not like that!!!