Mistake?

Kaylas  pov

So apparently, I not only have science with Jayden, but also cooking twice a week, phys ed and english.

Fantastic.

If I'm being completely honest, Jayden really isn't that bad. So far, he pays actual attention to what I say instead of my body, which a lot of guys at this school do. He's pretty funny and really chill. I'm not saying he's another Ethan, I just see him as somebody I'm able to trust.

Maybe.

The rest of the day in english and phys ed, he wouldn't leave me alone. I made the terrible mistake of choosing a seat right in front of him in our english class. He kept curling my hair with his fingers, or poking my back. He's annoying, but tolerable, so I let him do it.

I spent time with Ethan and Lionel at lunch. Jayden was getting  the proper tour around the school. After last period, I met with Ethan in the front of the school. 

"Are you sure you're ready for this."

Hearing him ask me that, I was confused at first, then I remembered what we were planning to do today. My stomach drops. I nod my head.

He takes my hand and we head to his truck.

<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>°<>

My leg bounces up and down in nervousness and I play with my fingers. I look at my online GPS set up in front of Ethan, her house is litterly on the next street, like right there! I'm losing my mind. I'm going crazy.

Ethan turns onto the next street.

I've officially gone insane.

"Oh my god."

"I can't do this!"

"What was I thinking?!"

"I haven't spoken to her in years."

"She's going to hate me"

Ethan rubs my shoulder as an attempt to calm me down, but I'm still freaking out. Then he turns the car off.

I freeze.

My head slowly moves to the side to look up at the house we parked in front of.

"Hey"

"Hey"

I look at Ethan.

"You're okay. I'll be right with you."

I nod my head understandingly, then move out of the car. I put my hands in my hoodie pockets and follow Ethan closely behind to the door. As he reaches the doorbell, I lean my head on his back and close my eyes. I stiffen when I hear movement inside and the door clicking open.

"Yes?"

My eyes flick open to the sound of my grandmothers light hearted voice.

"Uh, I'm -" before he says anything else, I move in front of Ethan, and look up shyly at her behind the cracked open door. She's stopping a dog from leaving the house with her leg. But when her eyes meet mine, her mouth gapes open and her guard falls. The dog rushes out the widened door and starts sniffing Ethan.

"Oh baby." She says with teary eyes. I smile shyly at her, and then hear footsteps close by.

My breath hitches.

I freeze once again.

And then she comes to the door.

Nana moves out of the way. Amaria stands there, looking beautiful as ever. Two cornrows falling over her shoulders. Though she looks the same as I remember, there's something different. She looks older. Grown up.

Our eyes meet, and time stops. Her face is blank so that I dont know what she's thinking. Nobody moves. The dog has even placed himself on the porch, watching us. I open my mouth to apologize, explain why I wasn't there for her, but arms are suddenly wrapped around me.

I'm taken by surprise as Amaria buries her face in my jacket, muffling her next words.

"I missed you so much."

I huff out a breath and my eyes tear up. Getting over my surprise, my arms finally raise and hug her just as tight, tighter maybe. There are tears streaming down my face, and I speak through sobs.

"I'm so sorry, Ria"

I feel her nod her head against me and pull away. We wipe at our eyes and then Nana speaks.

"Come inside, baby"