A Bad Day

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?"

While Pete was off at Ashlee's for whatever the situation was, I entertained myself with the other animal that lives in this house. My whole morning was basically playing fetch with Hemmy and a dash of twitter q and a.

The worst part about throwing a chew toy around inside with a bulldog is that the slobber gets freaking everywhere. I actually had to stop for a while just to wipe up the trail of drool that let from the living room the the kitchen to the dining room. Ugh.

After finally finishing the floor cleaning, I laid down on my back and Hemingway took an advantage of the situation and jumped onto my chest.

I reacted with a loud "oof" for the fact that he really wasn't a puppy anymore. I flinched when he began to lick me as the front door opened.

Hemingway stopped attacking my face and stood still on top of my chest to look at Pete who had just walked in. I also turned my head to see a partly depressed Wentz, but didn't notice it at first.

"I promise, it's not what it looks like!" I said it the mitts of laughter. He closed the door, almost slamming it, and responded with a low, sarcastic tone.

"Great! Now my boyfriend is cheating on me with my own dog. This day is just getting better and better." He jogged up the stairs before I got the chance to ask him what happened. Scooting the big bulldog off me, I chased after him.

"Pete? Pete what happened? What did Ashlee have to tell you?" I banged on our closed bedroom door.

"I don't want to talk about it." His reply was muffled. Head probably pushed into the bed.

"Come on you know it won't get better unless you tell me. Please open the door."

I heard the shuffling of feet across the floor and the click of the lock. Pete opened the door and revealed his red eyes and puffy cheeks. I instantly caved in and began to hug him. What the hell had Ashlee done to make him feel like that?

I slowly moved both of us to the bed and sat down. Pete leaned over and put his face into his hands. I rubbed his back with my left arm, comforting him as he lightly sobbed a bit more.

"She wanted to get back together."

"Wait, what?" He sat back up straight and looked me in the eyes.

"She told me that even though she felt bad about you and I breaking up, she has been starting to feel loving towards me again and wants us to see each other."

"Well what did you say?!" I said, getting angrier and more worried by the second.

"I told her that you and I got back together already. I also said that she had her chance and she threw it away. Unfortunately that might've not convinced her because she kissed me. And not like a delicate kiss, a rough one. She pushed me against the door and I couldn't move. I felt like I was being suffocated." Another tear slipped down his cheek and onto the bed.

"That bitch! I can't believe she had the nerve to do something like that. I hope she has trouble finding love if she finds any at all. Look at me." I tilted his chin up with my finger to meet my eyes again. "You deserve so much better than her. And if that ever happens then we can call the cops. It's unwanted contact." I pulled him onto my lap and continued rubbing his back.

"But I don't want her to have a restraining order because what will happen to Bronx? Will we ever see him again?" I told him we'd cross that road if we, god forbid, ever got there.

I asked him if anything else happened between them. He said that when he was fighting to get out of the kiss, she put her hand on her crotch for a few seconds and that's when he flipped out even more and finally got away. Once he said this my anger just boiled over and I knew we had to tell someone to fix it, but Pete didn't want to for the sake of his son, and I had to respect that.

He sat there in my arms until he finally stopped shaking. I really needed to get his mind off of the previous events, so I suggested "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Pete immediately agreed and I carried him back downstairs and put in the movie before snuggling back up next to him like earlier that morning.