chapter 4

" So were going to start in Las Vegas and then head north, like usual. Got it?" Zack was briefing everyone on the tour schedule on the bus. He had gone into detail earlier but i wasn't paying attention. I never pay attention. Tonight was the first show of tour and i was scared out of my mind. I had been stressing about this day for months and it's finally here. Jeez.

 Dallon then leaned over and whispered," Hey you good? You have that spaced out look". 

" Yeah I'm fine, sorry", i said back, slightly frazzled. He gave a small nod and looked back to his phone. I just sat there in the almost silent bus, not wanting to look at my phone. Suddenly the door of the bus flew open and i jumped so high i nearly fell out of my seat. Pete walked in screaming," Sup Fuckers!", which only scared me more. I just sat there trying to regain a normal pulse while everyone said hi to each other. My therapist's probably right when she says I have issues from that previous relationship. I'm seriously fucked up.

Zack started to yell at everyone to get ready to perform and that was what broke my thoughts. We had sound checked earlier so all we had to do was play, and i was still terrified. Fall out boy went back to their bus so they could also get ready. We all got dressed in our black attire except for Brendon who had to were his fun blazers.

 Before i could even even process my surroundings, we were backstage watching Twenty One Pilots put on a wild performance. I was watching and drumming in the air along to the music, Dallon and Kenny had their guitars  strapped on and Brendon was doing vocal warmups. You couldn't actually hear Brendon over the pounding bass drum and loud music of the performance.  

Almost as quickly as it began, their show was over. Tyler and Josh said thank you to the crowd and ran off stage. Tyler, Looking sweaty and disheveled, walked up to me. With every step he took towards, me the less air i had in my lungs. "Did you like it? The performance i mean", he let out a soft chuckle, "sorry."

"Yeah it was great, you guys put so much heart into it, you guys always play amazing."

" Thanks." Tyler ended his sentence with a small smirk. He was so close to me i could practically see every mark on his face. Every smile line, freckle, and blemish was perfectly illuminated by the back stage lights. For a split second i thought his eye line flickered down to my lips but that's crazy. I'm to ugly and weird for Tyler to think of me like that, right? Was i over thinking this? I could fell my hands begin to shake and heart rate quicken. Tyler then began to step back and opened his mouth to speak," See you later Rose." 

"B-bye", i stammered out. I felt like hiding and crying. I won't ever be good enough to be loved or perform in front of people. I suck. That's what he had always told me. I believe him. I could feel tears begin to swell in my eyes. " Are you ready Rose? This is gonna be rad!", Brendon was running around hyping people up. We had all taken our pre show shot and did all our other pre show rituals but i still wasn't ready. I don't believe i will ever be ready. Then the lights dim and it's our turn. My first performance with Panic is starting. I feel someone slap my back and before i can cower or whatever Dallon's soft voice spoke, " Break a leg Rose." And just like that it began.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy. Hopefully this story's getting better. Sorry for grammar or spelling mistakes. Thanks for reading, love you guys.

 :)