chapter 9

I asked Tyler out to lunch after i realized even though i was completely infatuated with him, i knew barely anything about him. I was dressing in a loose floral dress that went a little past my knees, black stockings, and checkered vans. My hair was up in a bun and I had a corduroy jacket on. It is winter after all. I walk into the living area of the bus and wait for Tyler to text me hes ready. I took the opportunity to put a thin layer of lip gloss. I sat on the bench and started looking at my Instagram timeline. 

I was just starting to get bored when a text from Tyler prompted me to go outside. He was standing a few feet from the entrance of the bus and i quickly walked towards him. "Hey , hows it going", he asked as he engulfed me in a hug. "Good", i said back. We let go of the embrace and we started walking to the main street. "Do you know where we're going", i asked because I've never been to Oklahoma city and i could only hope he has. "Yeah i know a place", He said back confidently. 

We walked a little while longer in silence until Tyler asked a question, "So, whats your life story?" I laugh a little and respond, "What? I'm not telling you everything on the first date, uh um sorry i meant -", he laughed at my brief relapse of though and said, "Oh so this is a date now, huh, I should have dressed nicer". We both laughed as he led me into a local coffee shop. There was small succulents lining the wood paneled walls. There was a glass display strait ahead that held small pastries and varies types of bread and bagels. To my right thee was a man on a laptop and to my left there was a young couple sipping coffee and eating their treats. 

Tyler gets to the counter and orders an americano and a blueberry bagel while i look at the menu. I settle on a black coffee and pumpkin bagel. We sit at one of the open tables when we get our food and drinks and suddenly i feel nervous. I didn't think of any conversation starters before i got here and the realization that I knew little to nothing personal about him started to dawn on me. Thankfully he said something first. 

"How are you holding up on tour. It can be pretty rough on people", he took a sip of his coffee and looked me in the eyes, obviously awaiting a response. "Uh I'm doing pretty good, It is a little stressful but I can manage", i pause to take a bite of my bagel, "What about you?"

"I'm doing good, I've done this a lot", He chuckles as if hes remembering a past memory. I see a little of his crooked teeth and his eyes practically sparkle in the natural light coming from the large window. 

We continued our lunch with easy conversation and finished our food and drinks. We finally get up to go back to the buses almost two hours later. I now knew a lot about him and feel like it was a mission accomplished. On the way back we walk a little closer together.