chapter 6

After last night I wasn't in the best mood. We got to the venue in the early morning and sound checked almost immediately. We wanted to get it done so we could have the rest of the day to ourselves. I was walking around back stage, just thinking. Thinking about how I could get over this Matt thing. I haven't talked to him in over three months but I still can't forget about him. And it's not a lovey dovey I can't forget him it's i'm terrified I won't forget him. He took over a year of my life and tortured and molded me into a person horrified of everything, and for that I can't forgive or forget. 

I walked silently through hallways and made my way to the door leading to the cold outside. On my way to the illuminated "EXIT" sign i spot something on the stage. It was Tyler's ukulele. The ukulele was the only other instrument I could play, besides drums of course. I walked, unsure of myself, to the small instrument. I gripped it with a shaking hand. I was scared of what Tyler would do to me if he saw me touching it, but i was to sad to care. I needed an outlet and music was the only healthy one I knew. 

I cautiously strummed a c chord and began to sing. "She asked me son when I grow old, will you buy me a house of gold". My voice was shaky and quiet. The song I was singing brought back memories, both bad and good. After about half the song went by I felt more comfortable singing and gradually got louder and more confident. I was actually having a good time. Then I heard claps. 

I whipped around and stopped playing, and loe and behold Tyler was standing there. He stepped forward and with a big smile said, "Don't stop you sound great!" I almost dropped the ukulele i was still holding. "I'm s-s-sorry, I wanted to play, s-sorry", I said as I quickly put it back on the stand. Tyler took another step forward. He was only a few feet in front of me now and he lightly put his hand on my arm. "It's fine, I thought you sounded absolutely lovely. You should sing more often."

"T-thanks. You're not mad though?"

"No, of course not, why would you think that, you were just using it."  I looked up at him. He had a slight look of confusion and worry on his face. I just smiled with the side of my mouth and said, "No reason."

I walked to the back of the piano and started tapping random keys. Tyler came and sat next to me and did the same. Suddenly he stopped playing and looked me in the eyes, "Hey, I know we've only known each other for a few days but you know you can tell me anything right?". I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. We were so close i could see the reflections of lights in the whites of his eyes. "y-yeah", i breathe out. "Good, I care about you", he let out a small laugh and continued," sorry, that probably sounded creepy". He rubbed his neck and looked down. "i don't think it was too creepy. Well I don't know, I care about you too". 

He looked back up at me. He looked relieved almost. He tentatively put his arms around me in an embrace. I hugged him back and took in his sweet smelling cologne. I could feel ill defined muscles through his shirt. His touch was kind and inviting and the warmth he radiated felt nice in the cold venue. Then he whispered close to my ear, "Good."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tada, two chapters in a week, wow. I really hope you like it cause it was pretty fun to write. Thanks for reading.