Chapter 44

@sketch_it_art

⚠️NEW VERSION⚠️

Third POV
Keith bolted down the halls of the castle, he couldn't believe that he left Lance in a room alone whilst he was begging for abuse.

Somewhat alone the way Keith had started crying, he could smell something revolting, the scent suffocated his lungs. He knew it was coming from Lance and that thought terrified him. Something had happened.

He came to the door. He could see a red substance leaking from the crack under the door.....blood.

The door opened automatically when it registered that Keith was there. When light flooded the room Keith lost all colour in his face, his eyes became clouded glass cases and his bones were frozen stiff.

He sprinted over to Lance's hanging body, pull out his blade and cut the rope down. Lance gracefully fell into Keith's arms. He placed two fingers on Lance's wrist feeling for a pulse, the heavens had praised him with luck. His pulse was there, it was very very weak, but there.

He, within seconds, rushed out the door and down to the medical bay. "CORAN! I need a healing pod NOW!" As adrenaline and blood coursed through his body he could barely hear the clear "yes" that Coran gave.

Skidding around the corner he almost missed the door, thank god they were automatic. When he entered there was a pod ready and waiting.

Keith gently but quickly shoved Lance in, he waited until the pod excepted him, to all things good, it did.

He collapsed to the floor and started to cry heavily. He can't believe what he had just witnessed. The other paladins and Honerva came filing in and over to Keith, they looked at the pod and then to their crying alpha.

Honerva cautiously crouched down to Keith, he looked at her with puffy bloodshot eyes. She hesitated but then spoke.

"What did he try to do...?" She was looking deep into his eyes and he new that the omega wanted a clear response, no beating around the bush.

"H-h-he, he t-tried to commit s-sui-s-suicide." His voice was shaken and raspy from the violent crying. The paladins eyes were wide with unexpected shock, however Honerva had known something like this would happen; it wasn't uncommon amongst omegas.

She brought Keith into a warm hug, he stiffened at the kind contact but soon relaxed and actually clutched onto Honerva's clothes.

They sat there on the ground weeping and crying for the pregnant omega, she had started to pat his hair and send calming scents around the room. Hunk had left and went to Lance's room, he knew that he was going to see a horrific bloody scene but there was something he had to retrieve.

————

Keith had final calmed down after 10 minutes of heart wrenching sobs, he was now leaning his head on Honerva's chest; surrounded by her scent.
It really helped, but it wasn't the scent that he wanted to smell. He wanted Lance.

Hunk walked back into the room holding a small bundle, the bundle shuffled and Keith's head snapped up, he looked at Hunk and gave out a low threatening growl. He got up off the ground and trekked over to the two at the door.

"Give him to me." Keith's voice was dark but had a strong era of the protectiveness of an alpha, one that an alpha should have for his omega.

When Hunk didn't instantly hand over the child Keith snapped and became aggressive.
"Give me Lances PUP!!!"

Frightened by the alphas words, the beta handed over the infant and ran over to the other paladins. Keith straight away cradled the child and held it close. He moved back over to Lance's pod, sat down and rocked the child gently.

There was no way he would let anyone but himself handle his omegas pup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope this is better than the shot ending I had before; if anyone you know was reading this story tell them about the update.

I feel better about continuing the story now.

Have a great day or night 😊