Choices to Make and Reuniting

Chapter 5

Edited on: 1/12/16

Sometimes I hate dreaming. Especially when Gods or Goddesses decide to visit me in them.

"Ah! There you are!" A familiar, lilting male voice speaks from behind me. I take my time looking at the forest around me before turning around.

I'm greeted by the sight of a male is his late twenties with shoulder length, white-blonde hair that curls at the ends. His light, ocean blue eyes sparkle in the low lighting that is cast through the leaves of the canopy above us. He's wearing a long sleeved, bluish green shirt that brings out the little brown and gray in his eyes and his trousers are black leather. It may seem odd to you, but, it doesn't seem weird to me that he's also barefoot.

Sighing, I say, "hey, dad."

He laughs, the sound ringing around the forest. I know this is a dream, but the man, my father, is very much real here in it. "You sound like you missed me."

"Uh huh," I say with a roll of my eyes and sarcasm heavily lacing my voice. "I really did. What do you want?"

After I ask that question, my dad pouts, his lower lip jutting out. "C'mon Tara, can't a father say hello to a daughter he hasn't seen in nearly five decades?" He suddenly steps towards me and then engulfs me in a hug. I grumble a few words but nonetheless hug him back. He sighs and squeezes me a little tighter to him before pulling back, keeping his hands on my elbows. "I really have missed you. Alfheim is boring without your attitude."

"That," I say with a little smile, "doesn't surprise me. Is the new Queen just as boring and theoretical as the last?" He nods, and I continue. "Wow. You really do suck at picking Queens, dad."

"And there's the sass," my dad says with a chuckle and a shake of his head. But then he actually wears a serious expression. "But you know why I put Karol on the throne. The Kingdom was in shambles after the death of Iren and Savanna and your "death". I had no choice. And Karol is keeping everything at a calm level of peace right now."

"Yes, I know why you did it. But that doesn't mean I like it."

His hands drop from my elbows. For a moment, his appearance shifts. His hair turns longer and more unkempt and his clothes have holes in them. My father looks noticeably older until he looks back up at me. "Anyways, I'm not here to remind you of my reasons for banishing you to Midgard. You're mother wants me to relay a message to you. She's too busy to deliver it herself, apparently."

"Good. I don't want to talk to her anyways."

"Be nice," he berates, glaring at me. "The seasons are changing, so she has her hands full." He reaches into his pockets and pulls out a slip of paper, unfolding it and then reading it aloud. "She says: go to the Avengers, you will find all that you ever needed and wanted with them." After he reads that, he folds it back up and slips it back in his pocket. "That's all she asked me to tell you."

My eyebrows furrow as I stare in confusion at my father. What does she mean by "all I ever needed and wanted"? I have everything I want being on my own with Warren. Yeah, my life could be a little better and I could use some more money, but I really don't want to give up my freedom by joining under an alliance.

"Don't look at me for answers," my father says with a shrug. "If you have questions, find your mom and speak to her. You should be able to sense where she is if you meditate."

"Hm, I don't know. I might speak to her later," I say with my own shrug.

"You really should. You've talked less with her over the past decades than you've talked with me."