Chapter 3: Trouble Maker

~McGonagall's P.O.V~

I was doing some work in my office when I heard a squeak from the door. When I looked up, no one was there. I decided to go back to my work. Then, something was pulling on my quill. When I looked up, I didn't see anything. Then, Ember faded into view. I was startled at first, then she giggled. 

"Me found you!" She giggled. I laughed a bit before she climbed off the desk. 

"What are you doing?" I asked her. 

"Hide and seek!" She said before turning invisible again. I heard her feet on the floor but couldn't see her. 

"Alright... Looks like she's decided that it's playtime," I thought out loud. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Ready or not, here I come." I looked around in the office then decided to search Snape's classroom. 

"What are you doing, Minerva?" Snape asked me as I searched. 

"Ember forced me into a game of hide and seek... Have you seen her?" I asked him. Then I saw a gleam of mischief flicker in his eye. 

"No idea," he said. 

"I suppose I'll just keep searching then," I told him. I checked in cabinets and under desks. I decided that now I should check the great hall when I saw Moaning Myrtle. 

"You might want to check in your classroom for the little one," Myrtle told me. 

"Thank you Myrtle," I said as I headed back to my classroom. I looked around and found her under my desk, along with her older brother. 

"You found us," Harry said happily. 

"Me tired," Ember said with a yawn. 

"Come, little ones, let's get you two to bed," I said with a slight relief that Ember wasn't hiding while invisible. Then it struck me. How had she turned invisible in the first place? 

A/N: In this chapter, Ember was 3 and Harry was 4. There will be many plot twists in this book. Just be warned.