Epilogue

Author's POV

It had passed the days, second by second she regretted what she did. Although it wasn't exactly her fault, she felt guilty. She felt filthy. As weeks passed she couldn't forgive herself for what she had done. Was it truly possible to ever forgive him?

Yes

It was too late before she realized that she had made a mistake. It was too late.

She thought she didn't deserve happiness, funny how she thought that lying to herself would help at all, she only made things worse.

Months went by, and only her thoughts kept on attacking her with imaginary forks. Was she ever any better than the woman that took her ex-husband? The face of her current husband made her sick, she felt nauseous just by looking at him, his face reminded her of the things she had done, the mistakes that she had committed, but it was too late to back away.

It had been two years since they got married, yet she couldn't love someone else, not even her partner. 

As for the raven.

His parents had suggested him to get married again, he couldn't accept the fact that he had lost the only thing that held a source of love. He had gone on dates, but none topped his cherry. He never really thought he could lose her, at least not until he heard her sobs. He had never felt a pitch dark lonely feeling in him, not once. Her presence always stood out, though he never spoke about it, no doubt he loved her.

It's never too late right? 

Sakura's POV

I was doing my usual thought-clearing-walk, it somehow helps me to organize my thoughts, although nothing really helps.

It's been few weeks since I stopped wearing my wedding ring. I thought as the ring as a commitment and it made me feel horrible. He had not done a single thing wrong, it was all me. All thanks to me, everything was because of me, it was all my fault. I was so selfish I didn't even think twice to say 'yes'.

Everyday it was the same routine. Blame myself for all the things that had happened in life. I regret not asking for an explanation, never did I stop myself to ask why he had done the things he had done, I regret it.

My walk would always lead me to the same destination.

My old home.

Today I decided that I was ending my life. My whole existence made no sense, and it stresses me out sometimes.

I reached out for my pocket, looking for the key that I had quickly stuffed inside before coming here. I felt anxious.

After I found the little key, I looked at the key that was on my palm, so many thoughts came through my head, I couldn't even remember what I had thought of.

I swiftly knocked on the door. The door we had asked to get personalized when we first bought the house.

Although I knew that no one would respond, I just wanted to do it. It felt so right to do so. 

Right before I put the key on the lock. I heard the door click. Not from the outside, but from inside.

My eyes widened and thought that someone else had bought the house. Boy was I wrong.

My feet self-consciously backed away a bit. The door was slowly opening, and I felt a strong palpitation in my heart.

The door opened itself to reveal the man I've missed and left for some years.

— Look miss, if you're here to ask for the rent, I've told you that I'll leave in few days- —

My breathe hitched and my lips slightly parted. I was shocked to say the least.

— Sasuke.. —

And so our eyes met. And I felt like a teen again.