Chapter Nine

(Louis' POV)

I can hear Emily and Victoria talking in the other room but I can't quite hear what they're saying.

"Hi I'm Calum." Victoria's boyfriend sits down next to me on the couch.

"Hi Calum. I'm Louis." I reply dryly.

"Victoria doesn't really like me does she?" I ask.

"Honestly? No." Calum sighs.

"I get why, though. I mean, Emily's her sister, and she's just looking out for her." I say.

"Yeah. But from what Victoria's told me, Emily's already quite fond of you." He replies simply.

"Well..." I inhale sharply and place my hands behind my head and sit back.

"Look, Louis, Emily's a close friend of mine and I've known her for awhile so, don't do anything to hurt her. And don't pressure her for anything she's not ready for. Plus if Victoria finds out, she'll be pissed. And trust me, you do NOT want to be on Vicky's bad side." He warns me harshly.

"I would never do anything like that to Emily on purpose. Ever." I reply sternly.

It's true.

I wouldn't ever hurt her.

I care about her.

A lot.

And I wouldn't dare hurt a girl like her, especially since I care about her so much.

I know I seem like kind of a douche bag, especially asking Emily that abrupt, rude question at the party last night when we first met.

"Good." He mutters, moments later.

After that we sit in silence without any further progress in the previous conversation.

Finally Emily and Victoria come out of the other room.

"Louis." Victoria acknowledges me simply as she walks out the door.

"Bye." I wave as Calum follows her out the door.

I hear the car engine start outside and pull away in a hurry.

I turn back to Emily and smirk.

(Emily's POV)

Louis' smirking at me and I can't seem to decipher what he might be thinking right now.

Just then his lips crash onto mine and I kiss him back, harder.

He asks for entrance and this time I don't give it to him.

He tries again and I still don't give him access.

He tries a third time, and I let him in.

I just can't refuse him.

I don't know if I should trust him.

What Victoria said might be true.

I don't know.

I really like Louis, and I don't really like most guys.

I think I can trust him.

Yeah.

Maybe.

I should still be careful however.

Never let my guard down around him.

At least until I really get to know him well.