Chapter Thirteen

(Emily's POV)

"What if this is his way of breaking up with me?" Tori cries over the phone, her throat is all tight an scratchy from crying so hard for the past five minutes that we've been talking on the phone.

"Look, I'm sure that's not the case, okay? Calum cares about you, he would never hurt you." I reply, trying to calm her down.

"If he loved me, why'd he leave me? It's so not like him to do this..." she sniffles and begins to mumble every curse word she knows.

"Alright, calm down Victoria. It's going to be okay, w-where are you?" I ask, trying to change the subject and maybe calm her down.

"At Steph's house. Her family's letting me stay here until Mom and Dad let us back in the house." She sniffs between words. She inhales deeply, then exhales and sighs.

"How's everything with Louis?"

"He's not here right now, he left after we found a guy upstairs, beaten and bloody--when I found him, I tried helping him and Louis got really angry." I explain.

"Y'think Louis did it?" She sniffles again, but not as badly as before, she's evidently calmer now.

"I don't know, I'll have to ask him." I reply.

"Okay---but be careful when you do, you still don't know Louis' intentions." Tori warns. Although she's no longer choked up by tears, her voice is tired. It happens to both of us when we let our emotions out on such a large scale. For her, it's crying, for me it's anger.

"I'm gonna go, last night was rough." She sighs.

"Okay, call me if you need anything. Even if it's just to talk. I love you." I say warmly. My love for my sister is stronger than any force on this Earth, I care about her too much, I wish I could be there, beside her. I shouldn't just be sitting here, at a frat house, staying with a guy I barely know. I should be at Steph's house with her.

"Oh and Tori?" I interrupt before she can say anything, "I'm sorry."

"Why?" She asks.

"For not being a great sister, or a great friend when you need me." I reply, my voice feeling heavy.

"You're great sister. And I'll be fine here, okay?" She asks.

I take a deep breath in, "okay." We say our goodbyes and hang up. I lean my head back against the bed frame, holding the mattress up. Suddenly a weight shifts on the bed and the springs of the mattress creak. Suddenly, a mans' face appears, his head hanging over the edge of the bed, looking at me.

"That was beautiful." He slurs in a deep, groggy voice. Hangover.

Suddenly, he falls asleep right after saying that, his arm hanging off the bed, right next to his head, his fingers grazing the floor. His snoring drowns out my own thoughts within seconds, and I slip out of the room quietly. And about halfway down the hallway, I can't help but laugh out loud at how awkward that was.

[A/N: hey guys, so I would like to address a few things here really quickly. First of all, I am sooooooooooo sorry that I haven't been updating and I can relate to how irritating that is. Secondly, I'm sorry if this chapter totally sucks, especially after how many of you have been waiting so long for me to update. And if I get any hateful comments for "not being active," I deserve them lol. And thirdly, I would like to explain to you guys why I haven't been online or writing like I should be. Also, I am gonna give y'all a list of why I've been like this:

1: I lost my motivation to write this particular fanfic, but never had the heart to delete it because I'm actually attached to the storyline.

2: I've been really busy finishing up schoolwork for the year, but now it's summer and I'm gonna try and be more active.

3: I had some serious writers block and had NO idea where to go with this book, and like I said in number one, I don't have the heart to delete it just yet.

4: I forgot the password to the account for awhile, because this started out as a joined account, and my co-writer and I had a fight and I was afraid she was gonna delete my fanfic, so I changed the password on her and locked her out, but I gave it to her when we made up. (Also the reason for the constant name changes between the twins and other supporting characters)

5: I have four other books pending, and I felt like working on them since they're newer, which was a bad idea because I forgot about this one, but I'm gonna try and work at keeping this one updated.

THAT'S IT THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO'S STILL READING SORRY AGAIN.]