Chapter 9~ Burger King and Chaos

A/N: This chapter is very...moody, that's how I'll describe it. There's some language in here that's not appropriate for, say, a two-year-old. Other than that, no warnings needed. This one is slightly shorter than I wanted it to be and I'm so sorry for that everyone! I also wanted to apologize for how long this chapter took, compared to the rest of the book. School starts next week for me so please be patient with the updates, I don't know whether they'll slow down or not. Thanks for reading this obnoxious message that I've had at the beginning of the last three chapters. That's all for now. I hope you enjoy and revisions/opinions are always welcome (please leave a comment on just one chapter seriously I'm begging you guys)

Barbara had met up with us in the park, where we were all already seated. Tim was going on a lengthy rant about conspiracy theories while Dick looked at him, an exhausted look in his eyes.

Steph got tired of it, eventually, and started to ramble about clothing. She pawed at the fabric of my shirt, feeling it over.

"It's so cute!" She squeaked, earning an eye-roll from Barbara.

"Steph, you're scaring her." Jason said lightly. "Leave the poor kid alone." He took a huge bite of his burger.

"You guys'll be in a food coma by the end of the day," Barbara frowned lightly, "What is that? Your fifth burger?"

"Drake challenged me to a competition," Damian explained, mouth stuffed with food, "I never turn down a challenge."

"Kid, want some sin-water?" Jason passed me his water bottle.

"It's vodka." Tim huffed. "We all know it's vodka."

I chuckled, backing up slightly. Was I even surprised at this point? Not really.

"Stop giving kids alcohol, Jay-bird," Dick shot back, "not cool."

"Suit yourself." He took a swig of it.

I fluttered a reluctant hand at him before turning my attention back to my other siblings and my food.

"Did you really never tell anyone it's your birthday?" Barbara asked me.

"I mean, I wasn't desperately trying to hide it or anything," I said dramatically, "I just didn't see the point in bothering with it." I shrugged.

"You scare me sometimes." Jason rolled his eyes, earning an elbow to the chest from Steph, not that I understood why.

"Hm?" I muttered, taking another bite of my burger.

"Kid, it's your birthday. I've never seen anyone not want to celebrate themselves." Dick filled in the blanks of Jason's words.

I was so tempted to say 'I didn't think I was worth celebrating and it's so amazing that all of you are here for me and I love you all even though it's only been a year' but I didn't. Not yet.

"Agreed." Damian nodded his head.

I shrugged. "I didn't really know how to bring it up. I mean, I didn't want to just drop that one morning."

"Oh come on," Dick groaned lightly, "you know you can just drop anything anytime with us. Damian dropped 'I broke Ethan's nose' like it was nothing."

"Grayson!" Damian whined.

"You broke a kid's nose?!" Barbara scolded.

"Oh god...."

Damian got into the explanation of what happened. Everything from how he and I originally met to the way Ethan and Kevin talked about me.

"The hyenas from 'The Lion King'," Steph snorted with laughter, leaning on Jason, "good one!"