Astrid

A/N: This story takes place six years after Deounment Beauty and 13 years since book one... It's also a kick off to many tales to come... 

Song inspiring this story: 

"'Cause it led me back to you... And we will come back home, home again..."   

- From Now On - "The Greatest Showman" 

"Astrid! Hurry up in the shower, I gotta use the bathroom!" 

Living in a three bedroom, two bathroom apartment wasn't ideal as children, but now as they were all teenagers, their tempers were short and their morning disagreements were only the start of larger, more complicated arguments. Vali laughed as Narvi pounded on the door, demanding to be let in. 

"You know, if you had paid attention when we were kids, you might have picked up a few things." Vali flicked his wrist, a high pitched scream echoing from the bathroom.

"MOM. VALI MADE FLOWERS COME OUT OF THE SHOWER HEAD AGAIN! I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS!" 

Sigyn blew through her lips, walking from her room down the hallway past the bathroom the three shared. "Vali, let your sister finish showering. Narvi, you can use my shower for now." 

The younger of the two twins grumbled and waved his hand again, muttering under his breath how it wasn't any fun to have a sister unless they could pick on her. Before Narvi could complain, his soaps, shampoos and assortment of other bathroom essentials appeared in his hands. 

"Astrid, you do need to hurry. We're supposed to be at Uncle Tony's tower in 30 minutes." 

Sigyn walked into the kitchen, watching as Vali began to pour himself a bowl of cereal. It was strange for the apartment to feel so empty when it was the four of them, but after the last situation with Bucky, the once Queen of Asgard thought it best for it to just be them - after all, they would be leaving for Asgard in a few days time. 

"Mom, why do we all have to go?" The dark haired boy muffled out while swallowing mouthfuls. 

"Vali please don't speak with your mouth full of food - it's not how a Prince behaves. Besides," Sigyn handed him a napkin and finished washing a few dishes left over from Narvi and Astrid who had eaten already. "Your brother will start living on Asgard next week after your 18th birthdays. You might even have a desire to stay there, rather than Earth. Now eat quickly, I'm going to go finish packing a few things." 

"I doubt that." Vali whispered, just out of range for his mother to hear. She kissed his cheek before swiftly exiting the room. 

Truth be told, he had no desire to leave. 

While things had fallen apart for Narvi on Earth in the last year, things had turned for the better for Vali. His father's signature smirk splashed across his face as he quickly typed out a mischievous text in response to the photo he had just received. 

"Mom's gonna kill you if she sees that." 

Vali's face turned bright red as he slipped his phone back into his pocket. Astrid's blonde hair had darkened over the years, more like his than Narvi's. She plucked a piece of toast from the toaster and took a bite out of it. 

"Or maybe you should just tell Bl-" 

"Tell who what? Is Vali in trouble again?" 

Narvi stormed into the kitchen, snagging Astrid's toast out of her mouth and shoving it into his. This permitted several punches to be thrown in his direction to which he merely winced. Vali's eyes glared at Astrid, as if willing her to say nothing of their secret - some things were best not to tell siblings.