Chapter 1

Dawn's POV

I was walking around adventure bay and I saw a group of pups playing in front of a large tower with a boy.I sat down watching them play while I was wishing that I had a good owner like that.

Flashback

I was settling in with my new owner,trying to feel at home.....though it was hard knowing I could never see my mom again.I was on the car ride home and the car stopped.

I got up and got ready to be shown my new home.My owner opened my car door and snatched me off of the seat roughly.She slammed the car door shut and took me into the house.

The house was pretty organized,and it looked like a pretty cozy place.She opened the door to an empty room only filled with a dog bed and dog bowls along with some news papers layed out on the floor.

She threw my into the room and slammed the door,tbe loud noise making a chill go down my spine.

I whimper,realizing that this house wasn't going to be as welcoming as I thought.I lay down on my bed in attempt to go to sleep.

A few weeks later,I expected it to be a little more cozy,but it wasnt.I was never aloud to leave my stuffy room.My bowls were emty but dirty,as the didnt get washed and I wasnt fed much.

I knew that this place wasn't safe or healthy,so I decided to find my escape.The owner came in to switch out the newspapers that I had to pee on,and I dashed out the door and through the doggy door.

I ran as far as I could.I finally stopped after realizing that she wasnt chasing after me anymore.I looked around to see I stopped at a bus stop.I layed down shivering.It was late at night and it was winter,freezing cold.

End of flashback

Tears threatened to spill out as I was thinking about the tragedy.It was about a month ago,and I soon met a wolf named Hauston.We were dating now,but that wasn't going well either.Hes abusive,and he tries to attack me when I try to break up with him.

I hear a voice,bringing me out of my thoughts.I look up to see a German shepherd with brown fur and brown eyes."Hey.....um...who are you ma'am?"He asked.

"D-Dawn...."I answered back quietly.