Chapter 10

Rocky's POV

I hugged Dawn the whole time,rubbing her back tryingto help her.It was 11:30 PM,and everyone else was trying to sleep,so I took her into my pup house and shut the door.I turned around and she was still bawling her eyes out.

"You can talk to me about anything Dawn,I'm here to listen."I said in attempt to hear what she wanted to get off her chest."Rocky you have already dealt with enough,I don't want you to see me like this."She said.

"Hey,don't keep anything bottled up.I can handle anything you throw at me.I'll spend all night helping you,and I won't leave your side.If I can't handle you at your worst,then I don't deserve you at your best."I said.

She sniffled."Well,Hauston was my first shot at trying to be happy once again.There is more to me hating water.People found out my fear of water and I got made fun of for it.But nobody really knows the story behind it.When I was really little,I'll say I was about 10 years old,I was at the beach with my mom and she was taking me out to swim cause that has been my hobby and it was my way of relieving stress.So she couldnt swim though,and she was telling me to be careful because there was a shark right behind me.I was able to swim back up to shore,obviously,but when I was getting close to the sand,my mom reached formy paw to help meout faster,but she fell into the water and drowned before I could save her,and my dad left me when I was eight years old.Ever since she died,I was put into a animal shelter and I got adopted.But my owner was abusive so I ran away.That was when I found Hauston.We were dating after a while and he was there to save me for the first part.But then he started getting abusive,mentally and physically.He would burn me he wouldtry to drown me,and he would tell me that I was at fault for my moms death.I believe it too.If it wasn't for my mom trying to help me,she would be alive still."She said.

"It's not your fault Dawn.You weren't the one that killed her.Hauston has always been that way.He was abusive to every girl,and he was a player ever since he started dating.So it's nit just you he did that to.He obviously missed out on a beautiful sweet girl that wants nothing more then to help people and to be loved.There is a reason Ryder made you a member of the paw patrol.He did it because we both saw your efforts to save lives,and noticed how talented you were at it.I wouldnt say it to you if it wasnt true."I said.

I hugged her,and she blushed.She fell asleep with her head onmy chest,and she looked happy,and she looked so peaceful.I smiled at the beautiful girl hoping to call her mine one day.I fell asleep too,and we both got the best night sleep.