Chapter 2

Staring at her reflection, El shuddered. There was no doubt she looked super fucking hot, but some part of her still unsure about what she was about to do. It seemed like the only way to get his attention again and god damn it all, she was desperate.

The dress fit like a glove, highlighting every curve and detail of her body, the neckline scooping low and showing the curve of her breasts. She was no hourglass, but she had enough and her legs looked miles long in the boots, the edge of the skirt skimming just above the middle of her thigh. To make it worse (or better), she wasn't wearing a bra, and she knew the second she got cold, it would obvious... which was the point.

She looked like a slut, with red, pouty lips and curled, messy hair, but she figured maybe that was what he wanted? He was going to get it tonight, that was for sure.

With a final glance at her image in the mirror, she nodded and then opened the bathroom door, glancing around. He was probably on the couch which was good, she would be able to make it out the front door before he would notice.

"Mike," she walked quickly past the living room and to the door, not looking at him. "I'm ready, let's go."

"Woah, wait a sec—"

She was out the door, knowing he would have to follow, letting her hips swing a bit. It was after eight, which meant the party would be in full swing, and she'd been able to hear the music from down the hall for half an hour. Maybe it had started as a simple meet-the-neighbors thing, but clearly it had turned into a crazy rager. Perfect.

"El, what are you wearing?" Mike was behind her as she knocked on the door. "Is that new?"

"No. I've had it for months," she retorted, still not looking him in the eye.

"You look—"

The door swung open and James leaned out, a sea of people behind him filling every available inch of his apartment. He opened his mouth to welcome them but his jaw dropped as he took her in, the tight dress and boots, her hand on her hip as her red lips smiled prettily. He swallowed, not even looking at Mike.

"Wow, um, hey guys. Glad you could make it," he stepped to the side. "Drinks are in the kitchen."

"Thank you," she lowered her voice and tilted her head. "We're glad to be here."

"El—"

Mike tried one more time, his hand on her wrist, but she was walking into the crowded apartment and pulling him with her. There was music blaring and people huddled in various groups, the living room turned into a giant dance floor. She could feel the eyes on her, could almost hear the whispers, but she ignored them, trying to walk confidently towards the small kitchen as her boyfriend followed clumsily behind her.

"What do you have to drink?" she asked the guy—who she guessed was James's roommate—standing by the counter.

He looked at her and then smiled, looking like a shark who'd just smelled blood, gesturing to several bottles on the counter and a large bowl of jungle juice.

"I could mix you something or we have the mystery that is the punch bowl. Beers and wine coolers in the fridge," he licked his lips hungrily. "I'm Caleb, by the way, one of your gracious hosts."

She smiled, reaching up to tug one of her curls. "What kind of drinks can you make?"

Mike was behind her, putting a hand on her shoulder but she shrugged him off, ignoring him and giving Caleb a flirty smile. He smiled back.

"Well, I can do your typical stuff, I'm a bartender," he explained, grabbing a tumbler off the counter and few bottles. "Tequila Sunrise, Long Island Iced Tea, Mai Tai, Mojito..." he mixed a drink as he talked, some sort of cream liqueur and amaretto and... coffee? El let herself look interested as he continued talking. "But I think you look like you could use something else. Something... special."